EVRI lost DYSON worth £699! court claim issued

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I purchased a Dyson Purifier from QVC and returned via Evri.

Seems like its gone lost.

We all know you can’t lose a massive purifier.

It’s obviously been stolen by an employee.

Can I take a similar route as whats been done in this forum?

Its around £699 thats been lost here

I’m writing about my experience with evri here.

I returned a Dyson purifier with Evri a few days ago and surprise surprise they have not delivered it Back to QVC.

The tracking has been stuck ever since its been collected from me.

I have read experiences of others writing to evri and being successful.

Could I use the consumer rights card over the additional insurance card here?

surely they cant ‘lose’ a dyson purifier which is nearly the size of me.

QVC market EVRI on their returns section of the site. I clicked on the link (

and had to pay £3.95 for the return. However, when I spoke to QVC, they said in the small print it states anything above £200, you must return using your own service. Hence they cannot refund. 

Thankyou. I returned it as it was not performing as expected. 

I have already read a few of these stories but I will read the others and return back onto the forum.

Your help is much appreciated 

i returned it because it wasn't performing as expected.

Order Placed 13/05/2023

order received 17/05/2023

return collected 23/05/2023

evri tracking still shows we’ve got it and not even in transit.

Ive tried getting in touch with them multiple times. All they have been saying is that is is en route. Then yesterday evening they said there is a delay.

I am 99% convinced they have stolen it. A purifier the size of me cannot go ‘missing’. Hence I am preparing myself for a long hard battle against evri and I will ensure I will put up a fight as I am not paying for their employees misconduct.

EVRI TRACKING: .........

Hi, I have spent some time reading.

these are my findings

1. If we sue EVRi- under the basis of consumer rights act and they cannot charge me extra money to purchase insurance and to be honest no option was given whilst processing this return as it was a ‘return’ to QVC. Not a fresh order.

2. QVC - You mentioned that the Limitiation by QVC is Unlawful and Unforceable due to the 14 day cooling off law. Please can yoh elaborate on this? Is this really the case?

If it is, then I am thinking of pursuing QVC?

Thankyou, I have drafted a Letter of complaint and letter of claim but I will wait for EVRi to officially tell me that the item is lost as its still under investigation since this morning. Once I get the official confirmation off them, I will update the letters accordingly and post them on here.

I have also created my account on the moneyclaim website and will also draft the particulars once we have a better idea after the response from EVRi which I expect to be tomorrow morning stating it is now lost.

Your help is much appreciated.

• Like 1

EVRi still have not concluded their so called investigation. I was told somebody will contact me shortly on Saturday and no call since. Can I only start the process till I receive a final conclusion from them?

See draft letter of complaint

Mr Martijn De Lange

Evri/EVRi Parcelnet Ltd

Capitol House

1 Capitol Close

Morley

LEEDS

LS27 OWH

Lost Parcel, Tracking Number: H004HD0321622188

Collected from Me : Tuesday 23rd May 2023

Dear Sir,

I write to formally complain about the loss of my return which was a Dyson Purifier and the half hearted response to my request for help after I eventually managed to contact one of your agents by email. The agent noted the details of the parcel it’s contents and value, i.e. DYSON PURIFIER. The agent carried out a so called investigation and advised another colleague will be in touch shortly. Although, I an baffled as to how a Dyson Purifier which is nearly the size of me can suddenly get lost.

Since the last email I have been unable to contact anyone again to try and get more information because of the deliberate blocks put in place by your automated systems.

The parcel is still showing as We’ve got it since last Tuesday and is showing no movement. With the lack of updates, I assume it has now been ‘lost’.

I am seeking full compensation for the financial loss of £699 refunded to the buyer of the Dyson Purifier plus the carriage cost via Evri £3.70. Total £702.70

Yours Sincerely,

Edited by Moseet
  • Like 1

See letter of claim

Capitol House

1 Capitol Close

Morley

LEEDS

LS27 OWH

Incident 

Lost Parcel, Tracking Number: H004HD0321622188

Collected from Me : Tuesday 23rd May 2023

Dear Sir/Madam

Letter of Claim

I am writing further to my letter of complaint I sent last week. I have had no further advances so please take this as my letter of claim.

There was no option of specifying the value of the item when booking the return. As you can see it was a return for QVC which was worth £699

To say that the maximum compensation I am entitled to is £20 due to the level of cover I chose within your standard compensation is unfair and amounts to an attempt to restrict your liability because I did not to pay additional parcel cover which is contrary to section 57 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

The Act also requires that the service you provide should be carried out with reasonable care and skill.

By losing my parcel you have failed in that duty and I am therefore seeking full compensation for the loss of the Dyson Purifier.

QVC are refusing to refund me the cost due to your incompetence of delivering the purifier back to them.

This Letter of Claim is to seek compensation to the amount £702.70

If not settled in full within 14 days, I will take further proceedings in the small claims court.

Yours Sincerely,

• Like 1

email from Evri. Can I now send my letter of claim?

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding your parcel and for advising us that your parcel has not been received.

I have conducted an extensive search and unfortunately, our tracking system is currently unable to locate your parcel. Due to the amount of time that has elapsed since we last received a tracking update, I must unfortunately deem this parcel unaccounted for.

I apologise for this disappointing outcome, I can appreciate how frustrating this news may be to receive. The quickest way to resolve this quickly is to contact the retailer/sender of the parcel who will explain their options to you, which may include a refund or replacement.

If you need anything in the future, please contact your Evri Customer Service Team and we’ll be happy to help. 

Kind regards,
Evri Customer Services

I have posted my letter of claim today. Does that mean I need to click off the claim 15 consecutive days after (19 June 2023)

please find draft of particulars of claim

On the 23rd May 2023, the defendant agreed to deliver a parcel value £699, to an address in the United Kingdom. delivery fee: £3.70. The defendant failed to deliver the parcel, and confirmed it lost on the 3 June 2023. 

The defendants have referred me to the retailer as it was a return but the retailer is holding EVRi liable for the loss of the item.  The claimant is exercising their rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. 

The claimant claims full reimbursement of £702.70 (item value plus delivery fee) plus court fees and interest pursuant to section 69, County Courts Act 1984.

On the 23rd May 2023, the defendant agreed to deliver a parcel (TRACKING: H004HD0321622188) value £699, to an address in the United Kingdom. delivery fee: £3.70. The defendant failed to deliver the parcel, and confirmed it lost on the 3 June 2023. 

The defendants have referred me to the retailer as it was a return but the retailer is holding EVRi liable for the loss of the item.  The claimant is exercising their rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. 

The claimant claims full reimbursement of £702.70 (item value plus delivery fee) plus court fees and interest pursuant to section 69, County Courts Act 1984.

Edited by BankFodder
edits in red
  • Like 1

EVRI REPLIED

Regarding parcel xxxxx

I am very sorry that you have received an update from another advisor saying it is unaccounted for, seems there was more than one complaint open on the system.

Please ignore that response as we are still investigating this.

I can confirm that we have been advised so far that the courier returned the parcel to the depot the next day however, the parcel was not scanned correctly.

We have been advised that the cctv has been checked and we can see that the parcel was loaded to the depot van along with other parcels which were due to be delivered to the Winwick depot.

I have now raised this with Winwick depot to do a search for the parcel and will update once we have received a response.

I am very sorry for the delay and hope we can get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards 

Sarah  

Evri reply

We are sincerely sorry that the settlement did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

We have a contract with QVC to offer a standard return service with a maximum level of compensation set at £50. In the event of loss or damage this is the maximum settlement as agreed by both parties.

As your settlement exceeds this value we would suggest that you speak with QVC.

They can also check tracking with the parcel number provided.

I understand that on this occasion you may want to refrain from providing any payment details until you have spoken to QVC, I will log the claim details and leave the claim open pending further instruction from yourself.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

• 1 month later...