Autoland Car Sale/Oldbury Cars Ltd - sold me a Pup Audi - refusing to accept short term right to return

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No, you don't need to send a reply form.

I think that on your letter of claim you could add a sentence pointing out that during the period that you are without a car you may incur various expenses caused by them and that you will be looking to recover these as well in any court claim

• 3 weeks later...

I have again had zero response from the buisness since sending my last letter to them. 

I have now applied to court and have to wait for my application for help with fees first which should be within the next 5days.

Do I let the buisness know I have applied to court in hoping they may then refund me after knowing I was being serious and not just bluffing?

Edited by DG319
Question added

No. I wouldn't disclose that you are short of money. It demonstrates a weakness.

They will only start to take you seriously once they receive the court papers

well post it all here then.

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

3 hours ago, steve 1 said:

Hi DG319 I'd be willing to share but not on the forum i have lots of information that will help your case 

this is an open forum. We provide lots of valuable information on all sorts of things here. Some people don't register and don't tell the stories but they still benefit from the information that others put up.

If we are dealing with a car seller who is causing problems to somebody who has started this thread – and presumably who has caused problems to you as well, then you can imagine that there are lots of other people affected and they need the information.

I'm sorry to say that simply sharing information privately is not helpful. We are a community and we all help each other in an open/transparent way.

Please put the information up here.

If you need any assistance with your own problem then start a new thread and we will be very pleased to help you as well on exactly the same basis.

Don't forget that we are all volunteers here. We have been around for 17 years – nobody gets charged anything. We don't buy data. We don't sell data.
Please enter into the spirit of the community and share what you've got.

Just a reminder of the site rule that you signed up to.

3d) Offering to advise members or asking members for advice by PM or email without good reason - If it is felt that a subject is "sensitive" and would be better discussed off-forum, we ask that members contact a member of the site team BEFORE asking for contact details. This rule is in place to protect our members from claims touts, and also to ensure that any advice given is open to debate, qualification, and where necessary, correction.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Please give me some time and i will help you all i can

if you have any ideas how i can share this information with you please say

i did a section 75 claim on my credit card and i have also engaged a solicitor

2 hours ago, steve 1 said:

Please give me some time and i will help you all i can if you have any ideas how i can share this information with you please say i did a section 75 claim on my credit card and i have also engaged a solicitor

very glad to see that you are taking assertive action.

Would you mind telling us what the arrangement is for paying the solicitor their fees? How much have they said that they will charge you? Did you have to pay any money down in advance?
When did you engage the solicitor and what have they done so far?

What arrangement have you got in terms of the solicitor's fees in the event that you succeed?

Why did you decide to appoint a solicitor? What difficulties did you envisage that would require the need of professional help?

Thank you

I'm not paying any legal fee's to the solicitor as I have legal cover that covers me for consumer disputes

the solicitor is in the process of sending my credit card company and the garage a letter before legal action

i engaged solicitors because i could see thought the lies that i was being told by the garage

like DG319 the vehicle that i purchased is stood on the road

i haven't being able to use it

I've paid for road tax car insurance just for the car to be standing still  

Thank you. So the solicitor's fees are being covered by insurance.

I wonder how much it would cost if you had to pay for it yourself and what might be the cost liability if the case was lost or if a judgement couldn't be enforced.

Has a letter of claim been sent yet? When is it proposed that the court claim will be commenced?

Can we have the links to these reviews please

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

★★★☆☆ · Motor vehicle dealer

Hi Steve,

Oh no, what does that mean for you? I hope you get your money.

I'm just reading further online with the MCOL process and doesn't look likely that I'll get my money back without spending more thousands that I just can't afford :(

Why £thousands?

steve1 case will be totally different to yours, he's got section 75 backup, dunno why he gotta a sols involved when the CCA is behind him.:noidea:

as for yours...eh? its small claims court, does not cost £1000's!! thats why its called small claims. <£200 for the whole lot i expect and when you win the fleecers pay your court fees as well anyway......

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So far its cost £455 for court fees, then there's another fee to ask the court to collect the money, bailiffs have a limit of £600-£5000 but mine is £6249 and it says the courts can't guarantee on getting the money back.

All under the 'enforce a judgement' on the make a MoneyClaim on gov site.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/enforce-a-judgment

High Court HCEO's dont have a limit, use them. cross courts.

only county court bailiffs have a limit...

and the bailiff add their fees charged you to the sum you are after from the defendant. so you get everything back if you win.

and they