Parkingeye ANPR PCN - no return in 2hrs - received after 25 days ? - Leisure West Complex, Feltham

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm confused by this. We hardly ever tell people to appeal to the PPC, POPLA, etc.

In fact, on the sticky you filled in, at the end of the questions about appealing it says 'If you haven't appealed yet - .........DONT ! seek advice on your topic first. '

Did you see this on another site?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

MSE always say appeal I think

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

cause they want you to screw up and then make money out of you by sending you a pm saying, i'll help you for a fee, they are all ruddy scammers!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Don't think you've read about appealing on this forum...

The Parking companies EXTREMELY RARELY accept appeals... They're just bandits (Your own words) after your dosh!

Additionally, the driver often "outs" themselves during appeals, losing valuable legal protection in the process.

Here's the link to our "success" forum I posted earlier... Educate yourself.

Edited by Nicky Boy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

The fact that they have not observed the 14 day rule does not mean that they cannot pursue you as the driver since they always assume that the keeper and the driver are the same person. This despite the fact that anyone with valid motor insurance can drive your car and the fact that the Courts do not accept that that the keeper is the. driver . They need to provide some other sort of proof that you were the driver.

We do not know if PE will take you to Court. They lose money when they do even when they win usually unless multiple tickets are involved. They rarely have instances where motorists come back within the time limits. Yours is the first I have seen. For that reason they may not want to go to court and test the theory behind stopping cars from returning within a stipulated time since losing might mess it up for all the rogue companies as well as themselves, infrequent though that may be. And if they win, they still lose financially as legal advisers in court on their side will charge around £250 to represent them.

It has also been mooted that by appealing they are aware of you and depending upon how good your appeal is, or more importantly isnt, may decide them whether to go to Court or not. generally they will still continue to push you using unregistered debt collectors and often scummy legal companies in the hope that you will crack and pay up without the necessity of going to court.

You're not going to believe this: my husband received an identical request for money for the same car park when he stayed 12 minutes, left and came back 45 minutes later and stayed for 17 minutes.

They have just started this no return within 2 hours because i (and many other parents) have been picking up the kids at different times for ages, so I've been "double dipping" lots of time.

I took a picture of the sign at the entrance, no 2 hours mentioned there.

To find the no return within 2 hours you need to go across the whole car park, basically to the opposite side of the entrance.

Got to take a picture of that other sign with th ed t&c.

So if you go in and park , then go to one of the retails on the entry side, you'll never see the t&c sign.

Not that it matters, but just saying. 

I expect many parents to get these requests for money, hopefully they won't pay.

Get hubby to start a new thread for the other ticket.

Your conclusions about the fleecers' signs is spot on.  This is typical of these charlatans.  Take over a car park, put a small number of signs where no-one will see them, and so catch regular users out.  The government Code of Practice states that extra signs should be put up to show a change of management of the car park.  So does their own trade association, the BPA.  Of course they'll have done none of this.

Yes, get as many photos as possible of the signage so if by some horror they did do court you've got proof.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

My husband said he's going to ignore everything until they send a letter of claim.

I didn't know but he had dealings with them before and they stopped sending letters after he asked for confirmation that they had permission from the landlord to charge money for parking in a free car park.

That was in another car park though, a few years ago. 

Would be an idea to have words with as many parents doing school runs as possible and let them know the situation.

Also, you said in your firstr post... "The car park is free, in fact there's an agreement with the landowner with the 3 local schools to use the car park, as well as for the 3 businesses there. "

Is this something that's available in writing, or just something yoiu've heard about?

Could be EXTREMELY useful!

• I agree 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Especially if there is something from the school, as the school willcome under the Council, and there might be planning stipulations about school drop off and pick up/parking.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes, my husband already emailed the school asking to send an official note to all parents about this bandits.

He also asked for the agreement with landowner,  but I wouldn't hold my breath, our headteacher is a bit...

Can't find the right word, but let's just say that he's very shy with replies and even shyer with actions.

Although your husband has been doing the right thing - ignoring the fleecers and trying to get evidence against them - it would be better for him to start a new thread and show us the PCN.  Then we can work out if the charlatans have bothered to follow the law or not.

• I agree 2

Still best to post it anyway every case is different in some way.

• 4 weeks later...

Picking up children is apparently allowed anyway... an agreement with the local schools (post 1).

OP is trying to obtain written evidence from the school...