JJ Premium cars in Peterborough - 2016 Disco Sport Broken down Twice in 2 days - Not our problem mate!! - Oh Yes it is!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I bought a 2016 discovery sport with 66K miles on the clock from JJ Premium cars in Peterborough (2nd hand car dealership) 3 weeks ago. After two days of owning it, the brake calliper came off and was pressing against the alloys creating one hell of a metal on metal noise! This caused a blow out too.

Just over 2 weeks after that, the car started to violently shudder when I accelerated over 55mph. I took my foot off the accelerator and the car stopped shuddering. The response on the accelerator was lacking too when I put my foot down. The power was lacking

I am well with in the 30 days (7th Feb) and want JJ Premium cars to take the car back but they are refusing, saying they can't when its just wheel weights that have fallen off. If it was just wheel weights, how come the car didn't shudder when I took my foot off the accelerator.

My confidence has gone in the car.

What are my rights? 

What should I do?

What can I tell them?

I have 2 kids and need a car to be safe and reliable (like we all do!)

They are completely wrong. You are completely right and even if they won't take the car back you should put it in writthey are completely wrong. You are completely right and even if they won't take the car back you should put it in writing to them.

Do that straight away and make it clear that you are asserting your short-term right to reject under the consumer rights act.

Secondly, make it clear in the same letter that they have sold you a vehicle which is not a roadworthy condition and that this itself is an offence under the road traffic act .

You haven't told us how much you paid for the vehicle .

Did it have an MOT and how recent was the MOT ?

Who issued the MOT?

So the people who sold you this duff motor vehicle were the same people who issued a brand new MOT certificate for it .

And you think that that is evidence that the vehicle should have been ok .

Bless.

• dx100uk changed the title to JJ Premium cars in Peterborough - 2016 Disco Sport Broken down Twice in 2 days - Not our problem mate!! - Oh Yes it is!!