suspended

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello .  

I sometimes send friend requests when I purchase things through marketplace on facebook ,  I may of accepted someone a few months ago and possibly fell out with them ,    I believe they have then changed the original name on the account to another name and copied my profile pictures and then later on had another argument with someone else on market place and made racist comments to someone about a sale of tyres ,  

That other person has then seen the friends list of this person and seen the connection of my profile picture matching and then assumed I am the same person ,   they have then searched my name and found who I work for and made a complaint ,  My company has then pulled me in for a meeting about this and I have denied ever being in contact with this other person who has made the complaint but my employer has since suspended me pending investigation ,  

This other profile has got me in a lot of trouble and I don't see how this can be fair ,  Anyone can make a fake profile up and make to be someone else ,   the link is that I obviously either made a friend request to this person or he sent me ,   

Being suspended is a neutral act, it's normal procedure.

Do you have proof of what's been going on - screenshots and so on from FB? And have you told FB about the problem?

I expect other people will be along later with suggestions for you.

HB

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

The other profile is still active with my pictures but different name ,  Ive reported it to facebook as a fake profile but no reply from FB ,   My employer can see the other facebook profile is a different name with my pictures but apparently I was a friend of this other profile but now it looks like he/she has deleted me as a friend ,   that's where the link was originally made 

Hi

I have to agree being Suspended is a neutral act by your employer.

If you have reported this to Facebook make sure you have screenshots of your dealing in this matter with Facebook as evidence.

As this is to do with Social Media/Internet abuse I would also suggest that you make a complaint about this to Action Fraud as they deal with Cyber issue although they may not act on this but at least you will have a crime reference from them that you have reported this also as evidence for your employer.

Also with the above if you have a Police Station near you take your evidence of this and also report this matter to them in person about what has happened about this individual reporting you to your employer with this supposed racist whatever was said on Facebook and they have wrong individual and make sure you get something from them you reported this.

If this individual that had the racist whatever said to them thinks it is that serious that they contact your employer in the belief that it was you that made this comment why has that individual not reported this to the Police? (note the Police have the means to ask Facebook for all data/IP address etc.) which your employer will not be able to access.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Agree. Reporting to Facebook and Action Fraud is about all you can do,

I think it is possible that the person who copied your Facebook details and the person who complained to your employer are connected.

Did you post up information on Facebook previously that complained about a company or gave a poor review of a company ?  Could someone be seeking revenge ?

Further reason why I don't use Facebook. Hear of too many problems connected with this type of Social Media.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes you could be sacked for private chat comments that could be passed on by those receiving the chat, if it damaged the reputation of the company.  If racist comments an employee made in private were made public and the employee was identified as working for a company, then that company would be entitled to protect its reputation, by sacking the member of staff.

Same goes for those receiving  racist comments in private from employee, if they were offended. They could. complain to the company that was employing the racist

Very little is private on social media. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread