Currys cancelled my order and are withholding my money - help please

tomt1990
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

this may well be a common thread here (I have seen similar posts).

Here is my ongoing battle with Currys...

on 26th December 2022 I placed an order for a 55'' TV from curry's for £329. This was for store collection.

By the afternoon of 27th December I still hadn't received the email saying to collect the TV but as I was out and about, decided to go to the shop and see if by chance it was ready to collect.

I went into the shop and before going to collections, went to look at the TV I had purchased and saw that it was in stock (There were 6 of the TV boxes sat on the shop floor ready to be taken away). I went to collections and was told my order was 'awaiting approval'. I queried this as I do not understand what needs approving.... my money has gone from my account to curry's and I can physically see they have the TV in stock.... what's the problem!? but no. they wouldn't let me take it.

Fast forward 3 days - and numerous calls to customer services -  to the 30th December. I decide to try my luck in store again. attend store. This time, I am told that my order has been cancelled. And to make matters worse - I see the TV I purchased has now been increased in price by £50 to £379.

I spend the next few days on the phone to customer services trying to understand why the order was cancelled when they have my money and the product is in stock. All to no avail - The best I get is a case no. which I am to follow up my complaints with. 

fast forward to present day (7th January). I still have not received my refund. I still have not received any kind of confirmation my order has indeed been cancelled. I have been told this evening by customer services that my refund has not even been initiated and is being investigated and should allow 72 hours from now to hear the verdict of the investigation.

Please, if anyone can help me with what I am to do, please help.

I have no TV, and my £329 has been stolen by currys and I simply cannot get through to anyone who can help.

if you paid by a debit card call your bank.....do a chargeback.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Currys Customer Service seems there to put customers in a position for them to keep your money as long as possible in there Bank Account collecting Interest for them before they actually give a refund.

I just over 1 year ago had a very similar scenario to yourself except mine was a Fridge Freezer, stock was in my local store, manager confirmed but head office said no, then order cancelled, low and behold it has increased in price by £50. 

Trying to get refund was exactly like yourself until I threatened Legal Action then next day refund in my account.

Get on Currys Twitter and Facebook and post what you have here

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Currys facebook and twitter make excellent reading. They remove posts advising ppl to come here tho. 

Was the money actually taken from the bank or just on hold l asknas if the money is on hold long enough then it comes back to you. Just shows up with no sign of refund 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 3 weeks later...

Warranties mean nothing and are worthless always 

In the UK you are automatically covered under your consumer rights and for Upto 6yrs.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...