UKPC/DCB(Legal) 11+PCNs for privately owned van used for my Ltd Co. - PAPLOC for 5, gained Default Judgement!! - Parkhorse Shopping Centre, Church St, Hudds, HD1 2RT **SET ASIDE+CLAIM DISMISSED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you were a trading tenant, why would delivery arrangements NOT favour you?

How did all the other tenants get their stock delivered?

Helicopter?😄

The bottom line here is that you weren't parked, you were delivering...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Exactly...

As I say i did this most mornings, parked up and unloaded or loaded old stock for sale, getting 15 bags in and out your van and up 2 flights of steps probably took around 30 minutes a time.

They have 5 cases on me, I was there for 1 year, so they only caught me at those times....

I t wasn't that I was parked all day but unloading or loading. And due to the nature of my stock, big sacks weighing 20/30kg each of used clothing, well it took longer...

Would calling the shopping centre do anything?

You could try getting them to call off the fleecers.

Nothing ventured...

Wasn't this a fair while ago?

Would they remember you as a tenant?

If management has changed, you may need proof of your tenancy at the time...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I found this just before going to work  https://www.packhorseshoppingcentre.co.uk/contact-us

I see there's been a case of "great minds ..."  Absolutely do get on to the shopping centre tomorrow.  It's virtually certain that they called in the fleecers and have the power to call them off.

No wonder the centre was failing if that's how people trying to run a small business get treated!

Edited by FTMDave
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You can send a snotty letter to DCBL ridiculing their mathematical skills.  As you know, they demand £160 for a PCN at this stage.  So it's either 10 PCNs at £160 = £1600.  Or 5 PCNs at £160 = £800.  Hopefully the latter as you mentioned paperwork and photos of five incidents.  Presumably they would then have to send out a fresh LoC with the correct sums.  Sure, you can and should do that, but all that will do ultimately is delay them.  No way will they just give up on £800 (even more so if it's £1600), they will definitely start a court claim.

You have some time.  The first thing is to get on to the shopping centre tomorrow, then we can see about a snotty letter to the fleecers.

Yes, probably the SAR did poke the sleeping fleecers into waking up.

Please post up the paperwork and photos you have of the shopping centre incidents from the SAR.  Don't worry about format or redacting, we can see to that.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Ok will do now. 
Im calling the centre tomorrow. 

My stance here is due to the nature of my stock - sometimes 10 to 15 large 20kg sacks of clothing. And 2 flights of stairs and that I was a one man band it took me a long time to unload. And I was a tenant. Other tenants were allowed to park there if they were give the special Willy Wonka medal. 

I just counted the articles. So each date. 
Each article has the letters as copies. A copy of pcn and sheets of pictures of van in situ (while I was working). 

There are 11 in total. I never use the LOL but I have to now!

I deffo need to contact the manager tomorrow and tell them I’ll empty bins. 

Please post up PCNs and photos.

Don't bother with any reminder letters.

We'll sort out the redacting.

No, we don't get paid! 

We do however take a hell of a lot of satisfaction from helping people beat parasites like UKPC.

Let's be blunt here.  The mistake from DCBL was about the number of PCNs, not the amount of money.  11 x £160 = £1760.  They will sue you for this amount, plus claim form fee plus legal costs plus hearing fee plus interest.  Sending a snotty letter to show you'd be trouble for them in court will work with one invoice, not with 11.  The vampires will be salivating over the amount of dosh.

You know to get on to the shopping centre manager tomorrow.

And please invest in a scanner tomorrow.  Yes, it was me who said we would redact but we can't do that 11 times with sheets of paper half you can make out half you can't not even the right way up with everything at wonky angles.  Seeing having a scanner might save you two grand I don't think that's an unreasonable request.

Yes, sadly we do need to see the ticket they left on the car and the PCN all 11 times, to see if if in every case they have respected the timeframes of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 or not.  The photos are not so important, the reminder letters are irrelavent and you can forget about them.

Surely you can see a pattern here.  You ignore a PPC and then get legal hassle years later.  Why didn't you get the manager to intervene four years ago?  It would have been a hell of a lot easier.

You'd better get used to the idea that probably you will have to put a massive amount of work into this.

Anyway, shopping centre manager tomorrow.

Ok so I’ll go to the library and scan in PCN and pic of pcn on the van window. 

I’ll call the centre manager tomorrow. Do they have the power to stop this? At the end of the day I was unloading and loading and some other tenants were allowed to park their car with a special inside window badge. 

I’m willing to put the work in. No way am I laying these horrible people a penny. 

13 minutes ago, mrk1 said:

I’ll call the centre manager tomorrow. Do they have the power to stop this?

Almost certainly yes.

Was Syed Bukhari the manager when you were there?

13 minutes ago, mrk1 said:

Ok so I’ll go to the library and scan in PCN and pic of pcn on the van window.

That's all we need.  Don't worry about the rest, it's not that important.

I’ve never heard that name before no.

It was a chap called David who now sadly passed away. Then a white woman with a British name. I say that as it definitely isn’t that name.

I know the area manager but doubt he’s contactable now. Many may have moved on. However speaking with a new manager may be of advantage as they may see my case in point. I really need to get any new manager on my side.  

1 hour ago, mrk1 said:

I hope you all get paid!

:pound::pound::pound:

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 03/01/2023 at 20:34, FTMDave said:

I found this just before going to work  https://www.packhorseshoppingcentre.co.uk/contact-us

I see there's been a case of "great minds ..."  Absolutely do get on to the shopping centre tomorrow.  It's virtually certain that they called in the fleecers and have the power to call them off.

No wonder the centre was failing if that's how people trying to run a small business get treated!

Just seen. 
Can’t sleep and this link popped into my head! 

Was there anything about parking on that link or just a contact? An dyes a lot of traders had an issue. I’m surprised they were not more helpful to traders. 

Is there a anything technical I can say to the manager? Like certain aspects to the case or anything to sway him? As in to help him understand my predicament.  

Sorry just read the comment again, I see it was just a contact, which is still good. I shall call later on.

Yes you could mention that the management at the time did not mention nor issue you with a permit to comply with the fleecer's madness also an all in one Printer with built in scanner is around £35 like this one Amazon, argos also have cheap ones, you are more interested in the scan so the print part is a bonus. Properly scanned docs are essential if you have to do a Witness Statement at some point.

WWW.UKOFFICEDIRECT.CO.UK

Compare Canon PIXMA MG2550S All-in-One Printer 0727C008 from UK Office Direct at low prices.</p>

• Like 2

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I spoke to the manager, Syed. He has been very helpful.

As it turns out he himself bought the centre in June 2021, possibly from the mother company who owned it when I was a tenant.

He said he understands my predicament and is willing to help me in anyway he can. But he can only do what is in his remit.

He says from time to time now he even calls up the current parking company SMART PARKING and cancels tickets.

But the issue is here he bought the centre in June 2021.

He said this smart parking where there when he bought it.

He is willing to help any way he can.

I am going to go library later on and scan in these docs.

Sooo, Smart Parking now run the Car Park...

Just a thought, I know the fleecers can issue a claim up to six years later, but isn't there some question as to whether UKPC can issue a claim now, without a current valid contract guys?

They can't sell this type of debt on.

UKPC have just bunged DCBL a few quid to put the frighteners on.