UKPC/DCB(Legal) 11+PCNs for privately owned van used for my Ltd Co. - PAPLOC for 5, gained Default Judgement!! - Parkhorse Shopping Centre, Church St, Hudds, HD1 2RT **SET ASIDE+CLAIM DISMISSED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you don't have copies of the letters then you'd have to faff around SARing DCBL and UKPC to see what is in them and then decide if there is a GDPR breach case.

Alternatively you might just accept the £275 loss and have a laugh at UKPC and the court costs and huge legal bill they have been saddled with, for absolutely nothing in the end.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Oh please do share an estimate of any costs ukpc or dcbl might have incurred. 
Obviously they may have had 20/30+ man hours on this also. Any other costs they might have incurred? 

Edited by mrk1

i would expect cost in excess of +£5k to them easy.

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DCBL will be up on the deal.  They are the solicitors.  They were out, sure, to swindle mrk1, but also their own clients by egging them on to start a hopeless case.  So they'll be alright.

As for UKPC.  Well they'll have paid some DCA to send some daft letters, so £10-£20.  I've tried to look on-line now and their rivals Gladstones ask £30-£120 to go through small claims so you can be sure it'll be the higher amount due to the large sum they were after.  Then £115 fee for issuing the useless court claim.  Plus whatever DCBL wanted for the we-wet-ourselves-and-decided-to-give-in set aside correspondence and document; £25?  So as a guestimate, £280.

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

My estimate, unlike dx's, doesn't take into account the man hours.

I also forgot the enforcing fees.

Just to be sure, maybe you could contact DCBL - their site is very welcoming to new clients - and say you are considering suing UKPC for breach of GDPR, and ask how much would they want for representing you? 🤣

• Thanks 1

So dcbl made money snaking their friends. Well at least they wasted many man hours! And hopefully ukpc won’t be very happy with them and drop them. Poor ukpc. A lot of money for then :) 

Yes I might ask dcbl to represent me taking ukpc to court. 

5 minutes ago, mrk1 said:

Yes I might ask dcbl to represent me taking ukpc to court. 

Surely it's worth doing just for the laughter factor?

I admit straight away that at heart I am a bloody-minded git!

• Haha 1

Yes I’ll consider this. See how my day goes 😬  
They’ll be the best people for the job and would no doubt be the snakes and say yes anyway 💰 

Edited by mrk1

Well I called dcbl and their faux legal team and sadly they were not able to help me sue ukpc. 
Before we got to the end and I disclosed Who I wanted to to sue, they told me it would first be £250 to send a letter of action out and then £250 for a letter of claim. Plus VAT so £600 before we even left the parking lot. 
Once I told them I wanted to sue ukpc the nice young lady said she will have to speak to her supervisor. To which it came back negative. And it was ‘a conflict of interest’ as it’s one of their biggest paying clients. 
Ah well. Shame. Piggies gonna hang with piggies. 
Guess we can can finally close this! 
Thanks everyone.  

• Like 1

Well done!  It was a laugh at their expense if nothing else.

Interesting the huge fees they quoted before they knew you were after UKPC.  No doubt UKPC get a discount but dx's high estimate of how much the clowns have wasted is looking a lot likelier than mine.

• Thanks 1