G24/Trace/BW ANPR PCN appeal refused - now Letter of Claim - Costa Coffee Car Park Perivale, West London, off the A40

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Happy new year everyone. 

I sent the snotty letter (post and email) and this is the reply I received today (by email).

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Good Morning

Thank you for your email.

Whilst we appreciate the documentation provided, we would require evidence of a medical emergency on the date in question – 10 February 2022.

We believe that there is sufficient signage advising of the terms and conditions of the car park. The terms and conditions were breached due to the vehicle in question exceeding the permitted stay time.

The balance is due and owing.

Should you have any queries please contact our offices on 0113 487 0432 to discuss this matter further.

Kind Regards,

bwlegal

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Any thoughts on what I should do, if anything?

I will also email the Costa CEO today to ask if he could intercede in this matter.

Thanks for your help.

Just quickly, so i don't have to read through the whole thread, haven't you already sent them medical details?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have sent them a medical report for one the gentlemen to confirm that he is elderly and had cancer, open heart surgery as well as other things, and also the other elderly gentleman is disabled and I sent them a copy of his disabled badge.

OK.

So they are just playing for time.

Ignore them now, yours is not the next move.

However, although we are used to the antics of this vile industry here, this is a new low pursuing people who have had open heart surgery and who are disabled.  

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Well, they have formally threatened you with court action so now they "should" be taking you to court.

However, they know their case is very weak so as an alternative to court they are trying to continue the correspondence with you in the hope you will give in.

Remember that most people aren't like you.  Most people sadly, think they have been fined and "there's nothing you can do" and cough up.

I have just received another reply to the snotty letter via email :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning

Thank you for your recent email, the contents of which have been noted on file.

Please complete the following to enable us to discuss this –

BW Legal Reference: 

Full Name:

First Line of Address:

Postcode:

Telephone Contact Number:

Authorised Email address:

Should you have any further queries please contact our office on 0113 487 0432.

You can also contact us by signing in or registering to our Customer Portal at www.bwlegal.co.uk.

Kind Regards,

bwlegal®

Email: parking@bwlegal.co.uk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand why thrt have sent this second email because my original email already had all the information on it. 

Plus there is no way I'll give them my number 😉

I expect they are trying to put pressure on you to pay them.  They probably think that you are a soft touch and will pay up eventually. Threats of taking people to court sometimes has that effect.

The one good thing about G24 and BWLegal, if you can call it a good thing, is that despite them being heartless, money grasping creeps, they are pretty stupid.

No doubt they expect to lose in Court so are trying to exert more pressure on you to avoid going to court because you will become scared and pay.

Just ignore them.

I am sorry to say that they won't go away but will probably send a few more letters telling you that this letter is your last chance before they take you to Court.

Sometimes people get three or four of these last chance letters before they give either give up or finally go to Court-and lose. That's how stupid they are.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another update. 

No further word from BW Legal since the snotty letter other than the above, but I just received this email from G24:

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

The outstanding amount is £160.00 we look forward to your prompt payment within 14 days.

As your appeal has been rejected, any further correspondence may not receive a  response, the options below are still open to you.

Unfortunately your period of appeal has expired as explained on the back of your Contractual Parking Charge Notice.

You now have one of the following options available to you:

1. Pay the outstanding Parking Charge. Payment of your Contractual Parking Charge Notice can be made via the payment line: 0333 733 3000 or by sending a cheque or postal order to G24 Limited, PO Box 3320, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, SL9 8WT.

2. If you choose to do nothing, we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.

The Independent Appeals Service (www.theIAS.org) provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. We may engage with the IAS Non-Standard Appeals Service at our discretion should a dispute arise over this charge in the future.

Appeals Team
G24 Ltd

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Any thoughts? 

Thanks 

Hamz

Also, the IAS "Non-Standard Appeals Service" costs you 15 quid... and you will NOT be successful... more money grabbing!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

They are on to a loser so expect some more silly letter's

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 5 weeks later...

I have an update!!

I received the following letter today following the snotty letter. I must say, it feels that the tone is more amicable, however, they are still demanding payment. 

Just wondering how I should respond.

Thanks in advance.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Dear Mr Hamz

We write in reference to the above matter and your letter received 10 January 2023.

It is the overriding objective of the courts for parties to settle matters amicably without the need for a formal hearing. This includes raising any disputes and concerns with either party, prior to the issue of a county court claim, to ensure court time is not wasted and additional costs are not incurred unnecessarily.

If you believe you are not liable for this matter, please provide further evidence supporting your claim.

Otherwise, the balance remains due and owing.

Should you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us on 01134870432.

BW Legal

nope.

jog on BW

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

why do you want to enter into pointless letter tennis?

not been reading up much have we....

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They are trying to show the court they are being reasonable. however if you contact them to negotiate the price they will stick ay their £170 or whatever their ripoff price is at now.

Besides they lost the appearance of being reasonable when they failed  to cancel the PCN after your first letter. This can be shown by referring to the Private Parking Code of Practice  Annexe  F1 [e] Exempt Circumstances

e) a vehicle that has been driven onto controlled land due to an emergency which could not be avoided due to the exceptional nature of an incident outside of the control of the driver, e.g. illness or vehicle breakdown;" 

you didn't drive on to the controlled land because of a medical emergency you already were there when the emergency happened. 

The above Act has been temporarily withdrawn but because of a dispute over some of the charges that the BPA and IPC are querying. So the medical emergency reason is still valid.

You could look through the  United nations Act regarding disability to see where else G24 have failed to meet their obligations-

And there are any number of instances under the Equality Act 2010 where G24 could and should have taken into consideration when reviewing your case. Instead they have shown themselves to be totally  heartless and completely unreasonable so their attempt to appear to be reasonable in regard to your last letter is sheer hypocrisy.

• I agree 1

• 4 months later...

open

dx

and they

I would to add an update. 

Just when I thought that my snotty letter had worked I received a letter from Trace today after no letters since Jan/Feb.

The funny thing is Trace were chasing me first then the case was passed to BW Legal and now it has been passed back to Trace. It's the standard "pay us now and don't ignore this letter". 

Any advice or guidance will be appreciated. 

Thank you. 

Trace letter.pdf

Another ThreatOgram  not na Letter of Claim ignore.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!