Should we trust Sunak or the next PM to fix the Country's problems? (title revised 24/10/22)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 13/03/2023 at 18:19, honeybee13 said:

The Nazis were left wing according to Peter Hitchens' view. A lot of people have already disagreed with him.

Was GL expressing a political view or a humanitarian one though?

Lineker is a long-time Israel-basher – he has tweeted about arrests in the West Bank and lamented the killing of a Palestinian man who was later revealed to be a member of Hamas – which makes these comparisons even more revolting than they otherwise might be. His ignorance shines through, too. The Jews so viciously persecuted in 1930s Germany were citizensof that country – not migrants without documentation coming from a safe country.

WWW.SPECTATOR.CO.UK

When I was a girl, footballers had a somewhat limited vocabulary. That wasn’t to say that they were seen as...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

1 minute ago, theoldrouge said:

Haven't we asked you and consniff to condemn anti Israeli and anti Palestinian atrocities, as I have ...

.. and you didn't? Just happy to use others honestly held beliefs dishonestly - to promote division?

I'm sure Mosley would be proud of you, although a Brown shirt would perhaps better suit your rhetoric.

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

The UK’s tax burden will hit its highest level since the Second World War as £30bn of stealth taxes take effect in the wake of Jeremy Hunt’s Budget. The increase in the income tax bill is equivalent to raising the basic rate by 4p, according to the Office for Budget Responsibility.

As Hunt implements tax cuts for the richest of the rich:

The richest earners will be able to escape paying inheritance tax by passing on their pension pots to their children under a loophole created by Jeremy Hunt’s changes to pension allowances, experts say. “Sadly, these measures will not benefit younger savers or those on low and middle incomes who are struggling to maintain even the minimum pension contributions amidst the cost of living crisis,” one said.

You are unlikely to see any benefit if you put less than £40,000 pounds per year into your pension

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

Interesting that in JKHunts budget

* £1b cost to other taxpayers in pension and loophole associated inheritance tax benefits for the richest are being implemented straight away

BUT

* The extra childcare hours are 'hoped to be implemented by 2025 - despite no apparent measures other than rhetoric to increase the industry even by then - quite the opposite)

Good job theres local elections due else the energy cap would be gone and everyone would be paying vast amounts more into the coffers of energy company record profits more immediately rather than than cost being put on the taxpayers (see first item) credit card eh?

but dont worry - the poops removing financial constraints on Financiers bonuses and abuse limitation laws will steady the banking market eh?

Perhaps Sunak will have a word with Tory MP's who might be looking for other paid work, while apparently representing their constituencies ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes quite an expose that one oink oink snouts down chaps.......There is talk on Twitter of a posse and a hanging judge.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

17 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Perhaps Sunak will have a word with Tory MP's who might be looking for other paid work, while apparently instead of  representing their constituencies ?

Corrected that for you

I see the real reasons behind the asia-pacific 'trade' deal which is only going to add about 0.0008% to UK gdp AT BEST

- less than the hit to the UKs banana imports isnt it? let alone the 4% hit to GDP from Brexit?

- Its like the changes to laws putting them in the banana republic misisters hands rather than the courts and parliament;

- it makes the UK EVEN more incompatible with trade deals, let alone membership of the EU

its all to create an environment where its almost impossible for any future government to create worthwhile trade deals with the EU.

Oh - and that figure

Even the guv wishfully hope 1.8Bn (0.08%) of GDP by 10 years = 0.008% per year

Other figures are 1/10th of that over 10 years with most of it at best nearer 10 years away

so 0.008% - 0.0008% of GDP, with the latter expected as nearer the mark compared to Con fantasy projections.

I see another Covid booster vaccine is being announced

- with 8,000 people currently in hospital with Covid and a 15% rise in severe infections ..

Thats going to go up if people 'think its all over'

Interesting.

In France, case numbers have varied but have risen in the last few days. There are currently 13,000 people in hospital, mostly 60+ and with a lot in their 80s. 800 are in intensive care.

But I think care workers who were suspended for not being vaccinated are going back to work without being vaccinated.

Illegitimi non carborundum

France just implementing control of its borders as per its national and intentional agreements and Frosts own Brexit negotiations isn't it?

Clearly [edited - HB] Frost utterly fails to grasp the concept of what he negotiated demanded.

.. err - on a fraction of a seconds further thought - thats over estimating Frosts morals and intelligence

- hes just dog whistling.

Frost and some other Tories believe that the EU should treat the UK as if they were still a member of the EU, because of the trade levels between UK/EU.   

But this is not the deal that was negotiated with the EU.

It appears that Sunak wants to renegotiate the UK deal with the EU and if this is the case, I wonder whether the EU would be willing to consider the UK having better access arrangements.  The question is what type of arrangements would be subject to negotiations ?  

Frost must be livid with whoever negotiated the deal, :lol:

From what I've read, trade deals are a lot more complicated than most of us think and I would include MPs and ministers in that. I'd be surprised if Sunak or anyone in Downing Street knows what can be renegotiated and what can't.

• Haha 1

Mind you, she says Frosty is wrong - that the delays are nowt to do with Brexit

So which is lying/bovine manuring?

Trick question of course - its both of them

Edited by tobyjugg2

The three Nolan Principles the Tory populists are in the mood for:

'Dancin

'Romancin

'Chancin

• 2 weeks later...

From The Times today.

'An attempt by No 10 to promote Rishi Sunak’s policy of making everyone study maths until 18 has been quietly shelved after officials only obtained one case study — and he was against the idea.

In a saga reminiscent of the political satire The Thick of It, Downing Street left it until the last minute to obtain endorsements from people in various British industries for a social media campaign.'

ARCHIVE.IS

I think people would be very reluctant to make a bullying complaint against a Government minister, so I don't buy the argument that a motivated group of anti Government activists have decided to see if they can remove a minister.

Governments of all colours have had conflicts with Civil Servants, most likely due to the stress of trying to Implement policies when there are so many barriers in the way e.g, existing legislation limitations, international agreement issues, practicalities, IT available, staff resources, finance etc etc etc.

No point shouting at people as it won't make progressing policy implementation easier. Calm environment with people working together is much more likely to achieve results.

I don't think it was the Deep State or the Blob that was out to get Raab but as civil servants can't answer back, it's someone to blame if you can't see your own shortcomings.

Changing the subject to another minister, it's claimed that Braverman wanted to claim a speeding ticket on expenses. It was refused, but in a way I suppose it's a bit like Johnson having his legal expenses paid for the Privileges committee issues, he was in office at the time he went to the parties.

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Senior Tory MP William Wragg made the extraordinary claim about Home Secretary Suella Braverman in a series of tweets in the early hours of...