Should we trust Sunak or the next PM to fix the Country's problems? (title revised 24/10/22)

Oh dear, more about Zahawi.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Tory party chair urged to explain how he has managed his family’s fortune, after controversy over his tax affairs

Illegitimi non carborundum

“There are no penalties for innocent errors in your tax affairs”

- HMRC’s chief executive, Jim Harra to MPs

Zahawi is understood to have paid an estimated total of £5m, which included interest, about £3.7m in tax owed and a penalty of 30%

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

15 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Is there a link; TJ, or is this a joke?

No it’s always the same when he’s had a few too many after reading his latest newsletter from his David Icke Fan Club membership 😀

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Sunak on Zahawi’s taxes (translated)

'No issues were raised with me when he was appointed to his current role, and just because I was chancellor while the 'incidents mentioned (and those yet to be mentioned) occured didn't mean I should know he was fiddling even my lax offshore tax benefits, as I'm sure you'll understand I was rather busy managing my wife's.

Since I commented on this matter last week, more information has come forward, which is so damning I need to kick it as far as I can into the long grass and hope it goes away. This is why I have instructed the independent adviser to look into the matter and I have given him quite specific instruction on what his findings will be after hes looked into it for a long as we can get away with.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

I'm losing count of the controversies that Zahawi seems to be involved in.

- the HMRC payment and fine for something that the head of HMRC said isn't an innocent mistake

- the £30m loan to the Zahawi and Zahawi property company

- involvement in Crowd2Fund

- fixer in Kurdistan for oil companies

- offshore trusts

I may have missed something.

From the Times:

ARCHIVE.IS

From whats been stated. hes gone if the ethics crony cant give him a free pass

- and the statements from the HMRC guy in answer to direct questions from MPs appears to have left Zahawi nowhere to hide

He was careless - a specific and legal taxation term which specifically avoids declaring criminality before a court case

The tax office could state the facts around the case which would detail the issues - but due to actual confidentiality requirements only if allowed by the subject

- leaving unsaid that if innocent - they could state the details of the subjects innocence, and that their  silence is because Zahawi is not permitting the details to be clarified

- - hence - its in an innocent persons interests to allow HMRC to detail the case and clear their name - especially public figures

The Tory Legacy

Shame it took and obstructed and threatened investigation by a tax expert and the Independent to drive it.

The Tory Legacy

still might but hes getting away with all his abuses so far

The Tory Legacy

yep

The Tory Legacy

Britain’s economy will slam into reverse this year as the cost-of-living crisis hits households hard and will see the worst performance of all the advanced nations, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned.

In its latest World Economic Outlook update, the IMF downgraded

its UK gross domestic product (GDP) forecast once again, predicting a contraction of 0.6 per cent against the 0.3 per cent growth pencilled in last October as Britain looks set to suffer more than most from soaring inflation and higher interest rates.

But it nudged up its outlook for UK growth in 2024 to 0.9 per cent, up from the 0.6 per cent expansion previously forecast.

The grim outlook for the year ahead puts the UK far behind its counterparts in the G7 group of advanced nations and the only country – across advanced and emerging economies – expected by the IMF to suffer a year of declining GDP.

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

The forecast leaves the UK economy languishing behind sanctions-hit Russia

For others

It upgraded its global growth forecast, to 2.9 per cent in 2023 from the 2.7 per cent predicted in October as it said the reopening of China after strict Covid restrictions has “paved the way for a faster-than-expected recovery”.

The IMF also said it believes global inflation has passed its peak and will fall from 8.8 per cent last year to 6.6 per cent in 2023 and 4.3 per cent in 2024 as interest rate hikes by central banks begin to cool demand and slow price rises.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

and on corrupt cronyism in politics

The PM insisted on Monday that he had acted “pretty decisively” by sacking the Tory chairman for breaching the ministerial code over his tax affairs after little more than 6 months, being as repeated SLAPP type threats failed to cover it up as he vowed to restore “integrity in politics”.

The Tory Legacy

Sunak is doesn't want to publish the numbers on the economic effects of Brexit.

WWW.STANDARD.CO.UK

Rishi Sunak was set on Tuesday to maintain his silence on the costs of Brexit to Britain amid growing warnings of the economic harm it is inflicting.

People are starting to wonder if Sunak is a liar like Johnson.

'No10 was warned of Dominic Raab 'issues' before Rishi Sunak promoted him'

The other thing I don't understand is why Zahawi and Raab weren't suspended while the investigations happened, as they would be in any normal workplace.

ARCHIVE.IS

• I agree 1

Surely its also only a matter of time before its leaked/exposed that Sunak also new about zahawis tax issues?

- destroying any Sunack claims of not knowing through simple incompetence/negligence on the matters.

Jeremy K Hunt has also refused to simply state he has had no penalties from HMRC when pressed hasn't he?

(An innocent person would surely just say NO and be proud)

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

If Case/senior civil servants really  didnt inform sunack - then thats actually a bigger issue for Sunack

(Its not in HMRC's remit to do so - quite the opposite)

Just a simple point (of many) re the NHS and ambulance service

Under Labour

A category 2 ambulance call target - under 18 minutes and mostly met and commonly exceeded

Under conservatives

When/if they get there,

and we are planning to get someone from locally funded and sourced services to get to you at home sometime hopefully in a month or so after its implemented, which will be planned sometime in the coming months and years, and its already funded via routing loads more taxpayer money to our VIpals while cutting local service budgets

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy