Select Energy Direct has scammed me into a contract with Yorkshire gas and power

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had just moved into a new property and had begun work on it last week. 

Yesterday, I received several calls from an unknown number. After ignoring it for a while, I finally picked up as they were sending 2-3 calls every 10 minutes. 

They said as new tenants of a commercial property, our electricity prices are in an emergency tariff and will start charging us high prices if we did not update our account details. I tried to transfer them to my brother who would be able to help better but they took a number and said they will just need to explain a few things. 

next thing I know they started reading the terms and conditions (very quickly that it was almost inaudible) and I believe may have entered into a verbal agreement with them. 

i also believe they only started recording the conversation during the terms and conditions part. 

Apparently I am now with Yorkshire gas and Energy and am afraid they will be charging me more than my business can handle. 

Any advise would be appreciated, I’m sure their tactics were illegal in some way but I need to get out of this contract somehow.