Lowell/Overdales - Bizarre Letter - old vanquis debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, 

It has been a long long time since I was here last, in fact years so it's nice to have come back, albeit under bizarre circumstances.

I had a Vanquis credit card and due to an accident I had to stop working (this was a long time ago) and Vanquis rather than respond to my letters about my situation, batted me off to Lowell. 

I arranged a repayment plan with them (Lowell) as I had returned to work and this re-payment plan as far as I can recall has been in place for about 3 years or a little bit more, it's only 20 pounds per month, but they agreed to it and it's been paid every month via DD ever since. 

The debt wasn't statute barred and I had the card, used the card just for whatever reason when I tried to communicate with Vanquis they didn't bother to ever come back to me.

When I check the details on my credit score I can see the total balance go down every month by 20 pounds and since this was set-up I haven't heard from them.

I got home this afternoon to find a letter from Overdales Solicitors, now I can't remember if I gave Lowell my address, I moved over 2 years ago and had a royal mail re-direct in place, but given the fact my Credit File is upto date with my current address and Overdales have sent me a letter I know they have the right details for me.

What is bizarre however, is that the letter states that I have an outstanding balance, which obviously I am aware of, and that our client (Lowell - even though they are one and the same I believe) has instructed us to bring legal proceedings to an end due to a technical legal issue. We are therefore due to return your case to them but cannot do so with an active payment plan in place.

As you are making regular payments towards your outstanding balance we will retain your account whilst your payments continue.

I went to my previous address and asked if any mail had been received and they said no mail in my name had ever come to that address since I had left. I also checked at my parents address just in case and nothing has gone there either. 

I have never had any threats of court action,  or anything and as to date nothing from Lowell, all I can prove is that I make the payments every month and inline with the arrangement that they agreed to. Overdales must be aware of this as they mention it in their letter but how they would try and take me to court with no documents or issuance of legal proceedings and then tell me that they have dropped it is beyond me.

It's the wording that has me thrown off, I tried to do some digging into the 'has instructed us to bring legal proceedings to an end due to a technical legal issue' part but have come up blank apart from a discontinuance of proceedings, which I am aware that it is.

So have they tried somehow to get a backdoor judgement against me, even though I have an active payment plan in place with Lowell, and why has it been shifted to Overdales given that I've never missed a payment? Again I have not had anything further from Lowell since I set up the repayment plan which I was happy with.

Is there anything I should be doing having had this letter? I just find it really odd that I have received it.

Thanks

Steve

Trawling for an increased payment?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell/Overdales - Bizarre Letter - old vanquis debt

You should never move without informing your debt owners in writing of your new address.

why are you blindly paying a powerless DCA?, Send them a CCA  request.

Dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Contact the courts at Northampton and ask them. Seems strange but it happens. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

There is no court claim......standard threat o gram intended to cause confusion and panic ...which is apparently working with Stevo7790

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

They likely do want a bigger monthly payment so have started a Threatogram chain.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 1 month later...

I've just received the same letter

I have spoken to overdales and instructed them to return the debt to lowell.

The only thing I can think of is that Vanquis had a legal challenge where they had to pay card holders back some sort of ppi interest and they haven't for those that were in debt as the card accounts were closed 

You should never ever speak to the fleecers or their dogs, they lie!!

Please create your own topic by hitting create or + in the top banner.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...