Vanquis IRL Complaint - re a Loan Account - refunded all interest - loan written off. ***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Strange letter arrived last Friday from Vanquis.

It starts off as follows:

Following a review of your account, we have identified that we made an error in veryfying your suitability for your loan at the point of application. Had we correctly verified your details, we would not have provided you with the loan.

(This letter goes on to say)

What are we doing to fix this?

• We have taken the decision to refund all interest accrued. This will be used first to reduce the outstanding balance and any additional amountwill be issued to you by cheque within the next 28 days.
  • This means that you will not be required to make any futher payments.
  • Additionally, we will be removing the record of your loan account from the credit reference agencies. Q(Can they do that?) The account stands on my record as "settled" I never missed a single payment over the term of this small loan?

Fact: They contacted me and offered the loan in the first place because I already had a Credit card with them.

My guess? This has been issued as a result of regulatory oversight.

Any advice would be appreciated. I have a copy of the letter on hand ready to attach (all relevent info has beed redacted) if you need it.

Always glad to see you guys are still here.

Thanks

stephenXL

Advice & opinions of stephenXL are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgement. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

irresponsible lending rules.

they've done this because they were ordered too by the FCA/FOS and they have only just gotten around to you.

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Vanquis re a Loan Account - refunded all interest - loan written off.
  • 1 month later...

Update:

I had repaid this loan in full. Whatever audit was carried out Vanquis was required to repay all the interest I had paid. Almost £600

Thanks

stephenXL

Advice & opinions of stephenXL are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgement. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

thanks for the update 

glad cag helped you win 

please remember

we are free

we don't get paid

but our hosters still charge for our servers and ISP access.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Andyorch changed the title to Vanquis IRL Complaint - re a Loan Account - refunded all interest - loan written off. ***Resolved***