Quality Insolvency Services - Daughter scammed into IVA by their website. Can it be cancelled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.  Hopefully I’ve got this is the correct category.

My daughter took out an IVA 5 weeks ago.  I only found out today while cleaning her room and found a letter.

When she got home I’ve asked about it and the IVA includes her loan with Santander of £10,000 and an account she has with Clearpay which she owes £12.

Now her last payment to Santander was the contractual amount of £300 in April so has missed May and June.i've said for her to ring Santander in the morning so we can sort this out.

When she began the IVA she was in a lower paid job but she’s just began a new one and her pay is higher so won’t have a problem going forward.

We’ll help with her paying the 2 months arrears but is cancelling a IVA easy?

Im assuming her credit file maybe a bit trashed although the last letter from Santander dated 26th May was saying if you don’t contact us within 28 days we’ll report the missed payments to credit reference agencies.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

just cancel it 

write and tell them.

ruddy scammers!!

Santander will simple be a d in the monthly markers NOT a default notice

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you.  I’ll get her to write to them tomorrow.  I’ve tried looking online at their site for cancellation rights but can’t see anything.  Just wondering if she’ll be hit with any fees for cancelling.

Fees...., thats where all her payments go.

her creditors will get nothing or very little of what she pays, p'haps <25%.

just cancel, walk away, ignore them.

how did she get scammed into going to them ? Websearch for an iva or was recommended by somewhere/one?

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You shouldn't need to ring satans bank. Just pay the outstanding balance by say 1mts time of that letter.

Dx

and they

She just googled.  

She’s only made 1 payment to them.

She’s looking through now and by the looks of it almost £3600 in fees for arranging the IVA.  

No doubt they’ll chase her for cancelling so we’ll have to see where things go from there.

When and how did she make the payment?

Dx

and they

Cancel the DD on her banks webportal.

Phone the bank and do a DD guarantee recall on the payment taken.  Simply tell them she got scammed by a weblink she clicked when searching for debt help and got railroaded .

Dx

and they

She signed digitally as it’s all online.  I’ll get her to ring in the morning to see what happens when she cancels.  I don’t want to cause any further problems for her

Shouldn't no. She got scammed in one phonecall by all kinds of promises that were lies and deceived her into unnecessarily turning unsecured debt into a formal IVA where there was never any need too.

They should have refused and advised her to goto one of the free charities (as useless mind!)  And seek help there.

Instead they got greedy with a ill informed innocent debtor and signed her up to an inappropriate IVA simply to pocket £1000's in fees .

4 hours ago, Sirbob00 said:

She signed digitally as it’s all online.  I’ll get her to ring in the morning to see what happens when she cancels.  I don’t want to cause any further problems for her

No don't do that 

They can't hurt her any 

Dx

• Sad 1

and they

Are other forum members aware of IVA Supervisors' powers to declare default and petition for the debtor's bankruptcy

I suggest that this is a situation that needs to be handled with care, and that it is not as straightforward as some appear to believe. 

Edited by mantis shrimp

So in effect the IVA scammer's can go for bankruptcy for their fees?  Seems a bit pyrrhic to me

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to Quality Insolvency Services - Daughter scammed into IVA by their website. Can it be cancelled

that will never happen esp as its a very new IVA,

never seen any IVA scammers go near BK or a courtroom door once they've been outed even years into the IVa.

3 hours ago, dx100uk said:

She signed digitally as it’s all online

website address please

• Sad 1

and they

Quality Insolvency Services Ltd - Companies House Link:

FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK

QUALITY INSOLVENCY SERVICES LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history...

ICO Register Link:

FCA Register Link:

Note:  You need to have a very good read of this link as they are no longer registered since 09/10/2019 check the Email Address & Website Address takes you to what the OP has linked in this thread although the address may be different but it is still the same company check the Companies House link above and go to Filling History and you will see they were at the previous Preston Address then moved to the Manchester Address displayed in the Companies House link above.

REGISTER.FCA.ORG.UK

IMO as per the FCA Register link above This firm is no longer registered with the FCA as an Appointed Representative agent of an authorised firm, and can no longer carry on regulated activities, your daughter needs to report this company to the FCA.

Please wait to see what others advice may be on this

• Thanks 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Great work by @stu007 shows they scammed her so get that dd back too. 

You should not be using email, i said write.

as for satans bank, why do you need permission from them, i thought you were going to pay it and bring it upto date? 

stop letting anyone else control what you or she does with money.

take control, you TELL them, its yours and her money .

Dx

• Sad 1

and they

The letter she received from Santander was to call and pay the arrears and reset the DD up.  She called to do that and as nice as they were they said she had to cancel the IVA first before she could pay the arrears.

Ill get her to send a letter to cancel the IVA.

Shehas cancelled the DD for it and done a reclaim.