Question about Utility entry on Credit Report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wasn't sure which forum to put this under, hope this is okay.

My credit score has been going down for the last few months. I moved house in early March, which I know has an effect but I'm not sure if an entry from my energy provider is causing it to be worse.

I was lucky enough to be on a fixed deal until next year, so I asked them to move services to my new address.

Two entries appeared on my credit report, under "Open Accounts" - both say currently open, one with a balance of £0, one is minus £270. (They actually owed me £230 when the account closed, which they have refunded).

Not sure if relevant - the old house is my Dad's and it took him maybe a month to get hold of them to sort out his account, but he's all paid up and my final bill definitely says they owed me.

First question: is the -£275 entry showing that they think I am in credit or that I owe them?

I thought it only showed up on the report if it was badly in arrears or something.

Both entries have a green dot which I think means it's a good thing, so maybe showing as credit?

Second: if it is showing as credit rather than me owing them, does that adversely affect my credit score?

When I queried it in March they said to wait until it's all closed, but it's still there so I will email again but want to know what I'm talking about first.

One last question - we registered to vote at our new address and actually voted the other week, the report says it can't see an entry for me on on the electoral roll.

Is this just something that takes time or is there something I need to do?

Thanks in advance

I would suggest it's the voters doing it 

Certainly the util ones appear ok 

It's not important and will resolve itself 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...