I requested wrong amount..

laurawilliams
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I sent a prelim letter yesterday asking for charges back, and worked out the amount owed based on the statements they sent me.

well one months statement was duplicated twice so i have asked for more than i have actually been charges. (asked for about £1297 but should only have asked for £1097).

i wanna be honest about it cos i dont want it to affect my claim, so i just wanted some advice on how to go about it.

was planning on writing and saying that the revised request is now £1097 due to an oversight in my calculations? (even though it was their fault for printing it out twice!) what do you think?

also, my cynical mind is telling me that this could be a little trick they could be trying out. getting people to claim for more than theyre owned so the case wont stand in court?! lol i dunno..

When I received my statements I noticed that a lot of them were duplicated but not just the ones that showed charges. I don't think they hav e any intention of going to court so it's my belief that it is an error. After all the banks are good at errors

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

Charges refunded 15 April

You can change the amount being requested right up until court action, if it goes all the way....

So no worries there :D

• Confused 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

In your next letter the LBA, simply put in a paragrah where it totals the amount,something like this

"Due to a duplicate copy statement in my DPA request, the amount you owe me is now £xxxx.xx."

Then carry on as normal. nothing to worry about.

you should only worry about it if you have subitted a claim to court, like I did, incorrectly! I have now amended it, but it cost me £35 and put me 2 weeks back!

Worry not and good luck :)

• Confused 1

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

I have a similar problem only I've already put my claim in and it's been acknowledge. I've claimed for about £900 less then I should have.

I know it's not your thread, but you need to fill in two form and get them to the court asap. The N1 for and the N244 forms.

Ring Moneyclaim as soon as possible as they are very helpful and talked me through everything. You could cause yourself problems if you do not amend the amount.

Hope this helps.

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

thats a relief then, thanks v much guys.

NEO - do you think it will be ok leaving it 14 days? i guess they wouldnt really calculate the charges themselves anyway, not until court action looked likely?

thats a relief then, thanks v much guys.

NEO - do you think it will be ok leaving it 14 days? i guess they wouldnt really calculate the charges themselves anyway, not until court action looked likely?

Hit the nail right on the head, I doubt a few quid makes a difference, until it gets to court and then a mistake could be a big mistake! If they write to you disputing (I very much doubt they will) just put it in your letter sooner.

Good Luck and keep us informed ;)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks