Does anybody know why @Facebook block me when I report scams to them?

SalfordTony999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Without trying to do a "hatchet job" on @Facebook, why are there constantly fake / scam adverts, both in the Marketplace and on individual sites?

I have tried reporting those fake adverts in the Marketplace to @Facebook, who stop ME from posting after several reports, and block MY account.

I have also added the word "scam" - or other similar words - in the comments section. Again, after several posts, @Facebook remove MY comments, telling me that I am spamming.

I have tried to contact @Facebook, without success.

Does anybody know why @Facebook stop me reporting scams, when I am only trying to warn people?

Does anyone know how I can get @Facebook to stop allowing scams?

I would even work for @Facebook for free, to help remove scams..

NOTE: If you feel anything I have written is inappropriate, could you message me PRIVATELY or contact Admin. Thank you

Maybe it's because Facebook rely on advertising revenue and they don't want that disrupted

• I agree 1

Different usernames, but with the reach of facebook it would be easy for them.

What I don't understand is why they are so protective of scammers?

Do their ads generate so much income that they would allow users to be ripped off?

Maybe the UK should introduce Laws making facebook legally responsible if the scammers have been reported, yet they still allowed them and people lost money?

1 hour ago, SalfordTony999 said:

Different usernames, but with the reach of facebook it would be easy for them.

I'm no technical whizz so maybe someone who is could explain how that would be possible.

Surely it would require Facebook to be able to hack the security to this site and view your account and login credentials?

Your question was whether its coincidence that FB disabled your account after you posted this thread. I'd go for 'yes, it's a coincidence'.

• I agree 1

I am not talking about getting access to the site, or anything as deep as that.

As we are told when posting, use the @ symbol to highlight the company.

@Facebook can see it, and see I am posting the same thing on my FB account.

But, as you say, probably just a coincidence.

I don't think Facebook care about you or what you think but you are triggering their spam algorithm with your constant reporting and use of words like 'scammer' so it's reacting to you.

Reporting scammers is a waste of time, for every one that gets dealt with 2 will pop up in it's place. It's better the devil you know.

Find another past time that makes you happy. 

31 minutes ago, ashmk said:

I don't think Facebook care about you or what you think but you are triggering their spam algorithm with your constant reporting and use of words like 'scammer' so it's reacting to you.

Reporting scammers is a waste of time, for every one that gets dealt with 2 will pop up in it's place. It's better the devil you know.

Find another past time that makes you happy. 

"Find another past time that makes you happy". Rude.