Tonik Energy administration and debt collection mess

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I'm one of many people having an absolute nightmare trying to resolve the mess left behind from Tonik Energy going into adminstration last year.  Ofgem appointed Scottish Power as the SoLR, but only for those still under contract. 

We're now starting to receive letters from a company called Credit Style, demanding payments for accounts that were settled before Tonik went into administration, or final bills that have been incorrectly calculated. Im some cases the amounts owed change when Credit Style are questioned.

The Tonik website got shut down, so we have no way of accessing our online billing for proof.  We've contacted CAB, who tell us to contact the Ombudsman, who then tell us to contact Ofgem. I'm sure you can guess who Ofgem tell us to contact.

We've even tried to contact the administrators, but we just just get generic replies about contacting Credit Style. One member of our FB group contacted the FCA, but they can't help either.

We're just going round in circles now and feel there's no protection for the consumer when these businesses cease trading.

Any suggestions on where to turn now?  Some of the people in our FB group are really worried. There's probably hundreds more who are receiving these letters and with nowhere to turn

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Share your complaints in this group about Tonik Energy.

Edited by Furry Mango

• Furry Mango changed the title to Tonik Energy administration and debt collection mess

whom are credit styles stated client , ?

credit style are a dca

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF 

and have 

zero legal powers on any debt.

until/unless you get a letter of claim there is really little point in chasing your tail or entering into pointless letter tennis or complaints to anyone.

what might be an idea is to send the administrators an SAR, that way you'll get all the data/bills and the comms/account log that will most probably prove invaluable when or if your ever do get a letter of claim .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, when dealing with any problems from any utilities companies, a subject access request should always be the starting point.

Go back and tell the people on your Facebook group and suggest that they come here as well – or at least follow what you are doing

2 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

whom are credit styles stated client , ?

Joint Administrators of Tonik Energy Limited

I had emailed the administrators, but just got back a reply saying they don't have access to customer records. I didn't specify an SAR though

I've put a link to this thread up in the FB group.

This is the reply I received from the administrators on Monday.  Apparently the email address has since been closed

Tonik Energy Limited – in Administration (“the Company”)  

Thank you for your email in relation to the Company and please accept our apologies for any distress caused.

Unfortunately, we do not have access to customer records and are unable to recalculate any bills. Therefore, any dispute of your final bill should be directed to Credit Style who are in a position to discuss this with you and resolve your query.

If you would like to contact Credit Style directly their number is 0330 045 0650, should you wish to contact them by email please do so at contact@creditstyle.co.uk.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this process.

Kind regards,

For and on behalf of

Tonik Energy (in Administration)

Pers id send a formal sar

They are legally obliged to respond and if they dont within the 30 days off to the ICO , if that doesn't work, you can raise a court claim

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I’m in the same position, can’t get hold of any of my bills. They say that I’m owing them money but I know that’s not the case. I contacted credit style to ask for my bills but they said they can only supply the final bill which is wrong. I don’t know where to go from here! 

please create you own topic

hit create or + in the top red banner

but ofcourse you IGNORE credit style totally

they have zero legal powers .

dx

and they