Highview have issued Invoices for people Stopped waiting in a Covid Testing Site Queue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Might have some queries from people on this one  Highview have invoiced people queueing for CovidTesting

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-drive-through-test-parking-fine-enfield-a9652391.html

When asked by Independent said had not been informed, so invoices already gone out.

Don't think they will cancel them all not in their DNA.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Already done HB   put a link in PPC Apparently its a Council car Park and Highview look after it with ANPR  any discussion can go here.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

This might just wake a few more up to the Parking Industry shenanigans.  Bet at least one of the people invoiced for queuing for a test, end up with a Claimform.

When you comment on MSM sites that allow comments,   stating that these Invoices are for breach of contract, can't ever be a fine etc, they delete the comment more often than not

Interesting brassnecked.  I've just registered on the Indie site and posted that these are not fines and a suggestion as how to fight them.  Let's see if they publish it.

• Like 2

Now I wonder, if the land is owned by the council and they can  use the RTA to enforce their rules why do they emply a bunch of banditd to manage the place? It woudl be easy to argue that the "fine" should be that set by local govt  and thus be about £30, not 390. this means Highview's demands are thus an unlawful penalty as they are higher than the prescribed tariff so they would lose a court claim on that basis regardless of the validity fo their contract with the LL and the motorist.

that means a complaint could be put to the local govt ombudsman and the council would have to behave and probably have to pay up compensation to the aggrieved motorist for the unlawfulness and distress so enfield would be around £130 a ticket down for every one challenged

EB, That setup looks strangely like something involving envelopes and men in raincoats, if I were to be cynical, not often a LA uses Parking Bandits on their car parks. just speculating.

Well, 30 hours after I registered and posted a comment, but nowt published on the Indie.  Seems they don't like being set right that these are not fines. 

• Like 2