GP surgery did not send all repeat prescriptions to chemist

Purpleflowers 2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

GP surgery did not send all repeat prescriptions to chemist, I rang chemist they told me to go speak to the GP surgery but in the covid19 situation you can't just turn up without an appointment.

The GP has done the repeat subscriptions for 3 medicines, is there an option on online appointment system to request these meds as they not showing on repeat and in past every time I needed them I had to go in person and get an appointment with the GP and ask them

As honeybee says, simply telephone the surgery and explain your problem to them.  This is the only way you will get a solution to this problem - not by asking anyone on here.

FWIW, both my GP surgery and my local pharmacy are excellent, but even they make mistakes.  When my GP started to send scrips electronically to the pharmacy it was a nightmare.  I submitted two requests for repeat scrips (one for me, one for my wife) each with three items on.  I was told that they'd been sent to the pharmacy, but what I wasn't told was that they issued a separate scrip for each item (six in total) and that not all the scrips were issued at the same time.  I ended up making four trips to the pharmacy instead of the expected one.  (Is this or something similar what's happened to you?).  Our surgery also recently issued a post-dated scrip that we had to wait a week for to get it dispensed.

You'll only get this solved by talking to the GP.

(Do I recall you had a dispute with a GP over a relative's right to choose which hospital to be treated at?  Hope you're still on good terms...)

• Like 1

all prescrptions done electronically at the moment so phone the surgery and ask for the repeat items to be sent to whichever chemist is convenient for you. You dont need to collect a paper script, they will do away with them altogether soon.

no need for an appointment, you wont get one anyway. at the end of this week all GP's surgeries are being turned into testing centres for the covid19 so no-one will be allowed in them for normal business for a few days

Edited by ericsbrother