Lots of DCA letters, looked at Credit File, don't recognise the debts there.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’ve been getting debt collection letters from a number of different companies but I don’t recognise any of them. I signed up to one of the credit rating agencies to find out who I owed money to. But that didn’t help. It just lists the debt collection company and the amounts they say I owe them. The amounts are staggering.

now I was caught out once before by a debt collection agency saying I owed money but not who to and I just paid it. It wasn’t till after this that I found out that some agencies just send letters demanding payment for a non existent debit.

On my credit report it says I owe money to the debt collection agent but there are no records of any original debt.

no unpaid loans or credit cards. 
so what do I do?

I had a serious brain injury so I have memory problems and some untreatable mental illness.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Start off by listing the DCA's and the amounts please

When a Debt Collection Agency (DCA) is assigned the debt after purchasing from the original creditors, they will add the debt to the credit record replacing the previous entry from the original creditors . The debt should be less than 6 years old from the date you defaulted making payments.

When you receive letters from a DCA, they should state the name of the original creditors you had the credit card, loan, overdraft or other debt with.

Do you still have the letters from the DCA's ?  If so, please provide details of the DCA, the original creditor named and the debt amount. If not, your online Credit Record history should contain information.

Never throw away any letters you receive from DCA's or Banks etc where they concern debts you owe. The letters may contain useful information.

Have you moved address since getting into debt ?  Did you provide your new address to all companies you owed money to ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Lots of DCA letters, looked at Credit File, don't recognise the debts there.
  • 1 year later...

For a few years I’ve been getting debt letters from a number of different companies.

When I got the first letter I went to their website and emailed asked what the debt was for and a copy of the original agreement. I got no reply. I just ignore them now.

I had been caught before with Lowell , who had sent a random letter demanding payment for a debt. I paid and didn’t check the source or verify the debt.

old and new threads merged.

well you did right by not blindly paying and getting fooled again.

but i wouldnt next time make any contact either via their website or on the phone from now on.

i know you've had health issues so just be extra carefully whatever you do from now , check with us first.

the DCA letters usually tell you what the original debt is all about...

you say your credit file is totally clean and all you old addresses are showing too?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 7 months later...

I was getting debit companies constantly bombarding me with phone calls and emails.

Then one said it was for a ace online account.  Now I do have a studio account but it not in default. I asked if they would look into it. I got a reply saying that there was an alleged defaulted account. 

I asked if they would send me a copy of the account debit and what was purchased and when. Studio constantly said they a had sold the debit I would need to speak to them to get the information I need.

Now I know that is not true. They also gave the debt collectors some very personal and confidential medical details. 

I had disclosed some medical information to Studio but didn’t give any permission to share this information with anyone else.

I got an email from Lowell with a simple spreadsheet type of thing. 

I have listed your account details below:

Lowell Reference

Original Company

Brand

Original Client Reference

Current Balance

JD Williams

Jacamo

£xxxxx

Studio

Ace

£cxxcx

This is not what I had asked Lowell for but I was surprised to see a JD Williams debt. I had no idea existed. 
I searched through my bank account and my email accounts to find any payments made to either account or emails from both companies regarding any debts owing. The ace account it was 2015 the last time they said my account was in default.

and the Jacamo one was 2014.

where do I stand with regards to these debts? and the dodging of my subject access request?

I just keep getting emails from studio saying my details have been passed to another department who will be in touch soon. And then when I email that department again I get an email saying that they have passed my details to another department and they will be in touch soon.

I’ve made numerous requests for all the information that they hold on me.

old and new threads merged.

if you are not paying lowlife anything, then pers id forget about the debts until or unless you ever get a letter of claim or they become statute barred.

stop the silly letter/email tennis, and never converse on the phone.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just make sure to write to Lowell with your current address details, if you have moved since the debts were taken out. 

AS for the SAR, likely Studio aren't dodging it, it can take a while.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread