Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is unbelivable from the Byline Times. Typhoid Dido's department has more private sector consultants than there are civil servants in the Treasury - 2300 of them.

And they still couldn't organise the proverbial in a brewery...

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/01/05/government-total-number-private-sector-test-and-trace-consultants/

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

"NAO report noted how the Government spent an initial £720 million on private sector contracts for 18,000 contact-tracing call handlers – awarded to the outsourcing giants Serco and Sitel.

However, the NAO found that, by June, call handler staff had only been occupied for 1% of their contracted paid hours."

A 1% return on an excessive inflated cost.

£20 billion / 100 = 'justifiable' cost  - and that / 100 figure is nearer what other countries paid for their  arguably FAR better trace systems.

Edited by tobyjugg2

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

A vaccine minister, Nadhim Zahawi, told Piers Morgan on GMB earlier that testing people at the border is 'pointless' and that the UK hasn't tested a single person arriving since Covid started.

Unconnected with this but still connected, this minister's wife and sons have set up a company called Warren Medical Limited.

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/01/04/vaccine-minister-nadhim-zahawi-family-set-up-medical-company/

• Sad 2

I've no doubt Johnson 'The Liar' will claim its all been done 'responsibly, legally and with integrity

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

Claiming he set up a 'medical' company for a 'property deal which didnt go ahead (- didnt go ahead so he doesn't have to explain it) isnt he?

banana republic dictators come to mind.

For the record ...

"My wife runs many, many businesses"

"Mr Zahawi said the company had "zero involvement into supply, anything into government."

He said: "Nothing that my wife runs or my family runs has anything to do with supply, doesn't have anything to do with government at all."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/vaccines-minister-defends-family-setting-23269433

Edited by tobyjugg2

Westminster, Cardiff and Holyrood are more like Juntas these days.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

back to 83 of 88 pages again ..

and daft broken link page when you click on last page or any of the later pages shown

Edited by tobyjugg2

I've been in Glasgow the past few days and it looks like they don't do lockdowns !!!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

19 hours ago, maroondevo52 said:

I've been in Glasgow the past few days and it looks like they don't do lockdowns !!!

According to governments and police the number of people who don't understand what they can and can't do is 'vanishingly small'.  Add me to that number - garden centres can stay open but I can't find out if I'm allowed to visit one. 

+1

- no idea what Johnson and handcocks latest edicts are let alone if they will be the same tomorrow

- and honestly - don't give a shoot

- I'll stick with common sense to protect myself, my loved ones and others.

Handcock turned up at a GP practice to promote the distribution of the vaccine today - and they hadn't had the 'expected' delivery had they?

- I think thats a prime example of what useless, clueless and careless numpties they are - along with the utter BS handcock spouted after that ICU nurses desperate statements.

• Like 2

Other thing elderly and vulnerable people refusing the Pfizer and demanding the Oxford

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9121869/Elderly-Britons-REFUSING-Pfizers-vaccine-theyd-wait-English-one.html

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

So they are refusing the vaccine with over 90% efficacy in favour of one with just over 60% efficacy?

perhaps give them a British vitamin d injection instesad then..

2 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

So they are refusing the vaccine with over 90% efficacy in favour of one with just over 60% efficacy?

perhaps give them a British vitamin d injection instead then..

Oh and that isnt just being facetious or factious

example:

https://pmj.bmj.com/content/early/2020/11/12/postgradmedj-2020-139065

62.5% participants in the intervention group became SARS-CoV-2 RNA negative

13 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

I know and they’re being allowed to choose.  I really don’t get it.  We’re using this vaccine first on people who are already corralled and quarantined while the working population are left til last and now we’re giving them the very choice the rest are to be denied.  

• Thanks 1

Could it be that they just want people to get a vaccination because of the number of anti-vaxxers saying they should have the jab at all?

I read that Israel 's vaccination clinics have a system where anyone can turn up at the end of the session and if there are vaccines left over, they can have them, rather than the vaccines being thrown away. It sounds like a practical solution to me.

I'm not so certain that over 80's should be first, despite them being 'most at risk'

- they wont be most at risk if those visiting/caring dont bring it in to their supposedly safe little communities ...

First should be all NHS/carer frontline/patient facing staff no if buts or maybes

Then teachers/school staff - no if buts or maybes

then shop/supermarket and transport/rail/bus/airline etc staff - no if buts or maybes

Break the transmission routes.

Thats a a fair few million that need to be done urgently

By then there SHOULD be a mass inoculation program in place, with politicians last - give them an incentive.

Leave politicians to the end as an incentive. Love it. :D

Are you leaving schoolchildren off your list because of lockdown, TJ? Using your logic, they should be vaccinated too because they seem to be major spreaders of Covid?

Lockdown won't last forever of course, at least I hope not.

there are all sorts of issues/undefined regarding vaccinating children

So in the interim I believe they should be as I already suggested:

Those that can school from home - do so - with work allocated and checked regularly and perhaps half days they go in with work and teacher intervention

Necessary kids go to school - some staged if necessary

eg

Those necessary - at school all week

Where appropriate/necessary - some in mon+ tues some in thurs/fri with wednesday the intervention/check day for home schoolers

That will give more space for smaller class sizes in managed 'bubbles'.

Every kid given a (locked down) tab with schoolwork - cost - less than MP's 'expenses'

Edited by tobyjugg2

35 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Are you leaving schoolchildren off your list because of lockdown, TJ? Using your logic, they should be vaccinated too because they seem to be major spreaders of Covid?

Not been tested in that age group so can't vaccinate.

Starting with the oldest keeps the country at a standstill for longest.  They've invested so much in the 'don't kill granny' idea that they can't seem to see past it.  Meanwhile the number of much younger people hospitalised with the disease is rising fast.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, honeybee13 said:

I read that Israel 's vaccination clinics have a system where anyone can turn up at the end of the session and if there are vaccines left over, they can have them, rather than the vaccines being thrown away. It sounds like a practical solution to me.

I would do that, drive any distance, in a heartbeat for the pfizer vaccine.  I simply don't trust the numbers on the astra-zenica one, they seem to make it up they go along.

• Thanks 1

Thoughts, should the Police in England & Wales do similar?  That is what is on the cards if the Muppet West Midlands PCC had his way.

probably less than just MP's THIRD house expenses

@BN

I think that copper has questions to answer

Not so sure that Sturgeon does - although she probably will

Wonder how much is in the 'presentation?

Edited by tobyjugg2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks