PIP 2 Form. Information needed.

pin62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and good morning,

I have been informed that my DLA is stopping and was asked if I wanted to claim PIP which I have done over the phone. I was hoping to download the form online until the proper form arrives in the post. I thought if I could fill in the forms with a little more time to consider my answers without the pressure of returning the completed forms on the dates that they require. Does anyone know whether the 2018 forms are the same for 2019 because I don't want to download them if the government has decided to change anything. Thank you for any help you could give me. Alan.

Think they are the same, but might  be better to get in touch with an advice agency to help with completion, of the paper forms when they arrive.as the forms are full of detractors (questions that look the same but are designed to trip you up into making you look better than you are), and the DWP are strict with their timescales.

Unclebulgaria will probably be able to give further advice on what to download and other stuff you have started the process which has to be started by phone according to the guide here: https://www.gov.uk/pip/how-to-claim

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hello brassnecked,

Thank for getting back to me, I have decided not to bother with claiming for PIP. I have filled in so much paperwork over the years and all the stress it caused not just with my health but with my marriage also. Thanks again. Alan.

Thanks for updating, you should take some further advice on this, Its stressful but a large amount of income fr you is at stake.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I got one of those last month 

Now got my PIP form.......

My B&W PIP test thingy gives me 14 daily & 10 mobility. 

Going to be tricky at initial assessment, but if it has to be appealed then I've got 9-12 months to get my arguments together so..... mental health - wing and a prayer - https://pipinfo.net

I'm actually quite optimistic (in my fight abilities) and the time scales means it's do able if it goes to appeal. 

Thank you all for getting back to me, I have given it a lot of thought but I won't claim for pip. A few months ago I had a letter about claiming for ESA about money that they might have not paid me I filled in the form and was told they needed more information It went on for 3 months filling in forms phone calls waiting for them to phone me which they never did even though I had told them thats what the last person I had spoken to had said. I really can't cope with all the upset, I was given DLA for life after a doctor came to my home for over 2 hours only for them to change it without me knowing to indefinite a couple of years later. I also had to go for a medical and was seen for less than 10 minutes and was told I had to sign at the job center the job center wouldn't allow me to sign on because of my problems.It took a couple of months to get that sorted out that was because one of the job center staff helped me. I'm 69 soon and really will manage on my pension. Thank you all again. Alan.

Indefinite is what DLA for life awards became when PIP was introduced. Zero reassessment (unless you got caught up in a random quality review) but would end on an indefinite date when transition to PIP happened.

I'm sorry you've had issues with the ESA back payment trawl - have tried to find somebody via Advice Local who can help you?  Or CAB/council/disability charity/etc https://advicelocal.uk

With the PIP if you carry on with the application your DLA will continue until  the PIP decision is made...... and you never know you might get lucky.

I was a bit worried about it all but it looks and has been quite straight forward so far. My philosophy is Win or lose at least my DLA will continue for a couple of months and allow me to make plans for when it stops. 

If you don't then your DLA will end basically 4 weeks after the PIP invitation letter arrives. Well it's 8 but payment is suspended after 4 weeks .

• Thanks 1

So as myself and HB reckon still worth a punt.

Hello speedfreek,

Thank you for the info, I have had many things to deal with over the years and had help in the past from C A B.and other people also, My son has offered to make up what money I will lose so after some thought thats what we have decided. I have proven so many times that I have got problems but still they want more. nervous break downs, back operations, and now I have anemia due to low red blood count. I had to go to hospital to make sure it wasn't cancer. I started with angina and also had a heart attack about 5 years ago. Thank you again but I have made up my mind.

Best regards to you all.

Alan.

If you are of pension age then lapse your PIP claim ..... you do realise that you now can't make a new disability benefit claim?

Existing disability claims pre pension age carry on after pension age.

So...... 

Your call of course but if you had a Indefinite DLA Award then you stand an excellent chance of a PIP award till end of life! When ever that might be!

Don't claim then.... well I can't understand it tbf!