Vodafone - Are they the worst? Help?

BonM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I am having major issues with Vodafone customer service team. all details outlined below.

My bill is due for payment on the 12th December, but it is currently in dispute and they know this via the notes on their system and from the call recordings they have of me.

I am willing to give them payment for all barring the part I am disputing, which I have said I will pay on the 20th of this month as the funds for such a large amount will not be available to me until then.

Not sure what else I can do apart from the below, if you can think of anything, all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BonM

This is an email I have sent to the ombudsman listed on the Vodafone website below in blue.

to enquiries

Dear Sirs,

My name is (Removed) You may contact me on (Removed) at any time to discuss this if you so wish, this is also my phone number registered on my account with Vodafone.

My address is

(Removed)

I currently have an ongoing dispute with an overbilling from Vodafone that I am trying to resolve.

I have spent the past 5 days trying to communicate with them but I am getting nowhere.

I have spent in the region of approximately 5 hours on the phone with them and approx. 2 hours of that time I have spent on hold.

I have had to speak to 8 different people each time and only one person has made any notations on my account, so every time I call I have to explain myself again and again, then I get put on hold, then I get hung up on, then I have to call back, then I have to go through everything again, then I get put on hold again, my notes are not up to date, so they all try to help me and this goes on and on and on in a vicious cycle and nobody is actually trying to help me or resolve my issue.

My bill is due for payment on the 12th December as we speak I have currently been on hold for 70 minutes!

I am at my wits end and nobody will help me and my complaint is not being heard and not being resolved.

Please advise what I need to do to obtain your help any further in order to get this resolved in an efficient manner.

Best wishes

(Name Removed)

The below is an email I have sent to the CEO office below in red

to nick.jeffery

Dear Mr Jeffery,

I write to you as a very disgruntled customer.

I have sent the previous email as shown as you can see to the below.

Ombudsman Services: Communications

PO Box 730

Warrington

WA4 6WU

Phone: 0330 440 1614 (standard call charges apply)

Fax: 0330 440 1615

Email:*enquiries@os-communications.org

I have just been hung up on again by one of your supervisors Frank this time, for the 2nd time in a row after being on hold for almost 90 minutes*and I am at my wits end and last tether here. My bill is due for payment on the 12th December and I need to get this rectified before then.

I hope to hear from you or one of your supervisory staff with a time to call me back please.

Yours sincerely

(name removed)

Your first mistake is calling them. For a telecomms company they are very very good at ignoring you.

Keep everything in writing or email.

If you have a DD set up with them, then you need to cancel it or they WILL take what they want, regardless of any dispute you have with them.

How long of the contract have you left?

Start their lethargic complaints procedure and exhaust it.

What exactly is it you're disputing?

How much?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

In relation to your thread title. The answer is a resounding YES. They are the worst of the worst. Nobody adopts your problem and sees it through which is why you are going round in ever decreasing circles.

Stop ringing them unless you are able to record the call. With Live Chat, there is an option to save the conversation as evidence.

Have you actually written a Formal Complaint? Don't assume that because you have complained over the phone that VF will treat it as such as they don't want more complaints and where they can get away with it, they will treat you complaint as a query.

You will need to bullet point the main issues of your complaint in simple terms. I would also suggest that you make them aware in no uncertain terms that whilst any dispute is ongoing, no adverse data processing will be accepted by you. VF are notorious for screwing with credit files long before they have good reason.

As for paying, I would pay but under duress as otherwise they are likely to see it as a missed payment and mark your credit file accordingly. This would take ages for them to remove.

Be meticulous in record keeping and keep copies safe. Keep nots of the dates and times of any calls made to them and also tell them to retain all calls made to them from you as VF love to delete the evidence as soon as possible.

Good luck. You're gonna need it. :!:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 months later...

Well I've also had issues with Vodafone. Mine was due to one of my contracts ending or renewing.

I chose the latter to save myself £34.50pm I gave notice correctly and it was duly terminated albeit wrongly.

I started complaining straight away. They then took a direct debit for 2 months instead of one. I spent nearly 14 hours on 54 calls to get resolved.

Although I did get my overpayment to them back under the direct debit point I still fought. In the end I got a great response. I got over £344 in payments and a line reduction too.

When it's time to leave which is 18 months I'm gone. Secondly Vodafone do mark your credit file as they did mine with a late marker for just £20 cause by their incompetence. This issue is still on going with the complaints section. I am hoping that they rectify this error on the next credit file update. If not I'll continue to complain vigorously!

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Thanks for posting that MM. It just goes to show just how many hoops VF put in place. 14 hours in calls alone, not mentioning the extra time you had to employ dealing with this in writing.

Whilst the black mark remains on your credit file, this will have a detrimental effect on you. Notice of Correction??

Just one late payment marker can be terrible for some who need credit. What VF should do is hide the marker and then if found to be correct, reveal it, not leave it there to punish you.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I am waiting for the next refresh date to see if they have sorted out their error if not time to complain again.

Secondly it's already had a detrimental effect on my file it's cist me dearly in my rating.

It's both unfair and unprofessional for such an international company. But I don't care whom I take on if I'm right, then hammer and tongs comes to mind!

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also sick of Vodafone and their terrible service. I have been a customer for at least twenty years, but will not be going near them ever again.

I called them to cancel my long term contract and was talked into a pay as you go at a very much reduced cost. I then received the contract by email, which was not what we had agreed. So I phoned them several times and spent hours trying to explain the problem. They said they would fix the contract, but by that time I was sick of them and wanted to cut all ties, so I told them so. They said they would switch me to the cancellation department. I was kept on hold for over 15 minutes and I realised I was getting nowhere and nobody was going to speak to me as they probably did not want me to cancel.

I then cancelled the direct debit. Sent them an email saying I was within my 14 days cooling off period and I wished to cancel the contract. No reply. I sent a recorded delivery letter to them from Spain, telling them how unhappy I was and to cancel the contract and that if I owed any cash, I was to be contacted by email and gave them my email address. No reply.

Next thing I start getting emails from Ardent Credit Services Ltd asking me to contact them with regards my Vodafone account. So I explained I was abroad and explained the problems I had with Vodafone and even attached emails I had sent. I got a return email asking for my full name, date of birth, address, telephone number etc etc etc etc, as they wished to confirm it was me they were speaking to. So I replied saying I was unwilling to give them such private and confidential information without determining who THEY were and requested that they at least confirm my old address and the last Vodafone telephone number I had. It's now getting silly, as they keep sending the same email and I keep replying with the same reply and nobody is getting anywhere.

Is there anything more I can do? I was willing to pay Vodafone what I was due, but they have made it impossible and as I am no longer a UK resident, I don't see why I should bother.