style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

then factor in the likes of 'council tax' etc that toby posted, ie any 'regional/local' things you mention.

it still doesnt seem to be around '70 % of income'?

then factor in the likes of 'council tax' etc that toby posted, ie any 'regional/local' things you mention.

it still doesnt seem to be around '70 % of income'?

Absolutely agree and frankly on a salary of roughly 35K , a tad more thanks to Brexiters his income is significantly above the Uk mean income and massively above the uk's median income so IMHO it is only right he should pay a greater amount in tax

As I said, a progressive tax regime and not a regressive one like the UK

It is crass to complain about the amount of tax you are paying when your income is so much greater than the majority of people

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Said this would happen.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/16/theresa-may-jeremy-corbyn-pmqs-brexit-angela-merkel-live/

50,000 extra eastern european migrants since Brexit vote. By the time of any likely exit date, you will see probably another 200,000. Brexit will accelerate population increase and these people will stay in the UK to claim UK passports, so they have dual citizenships.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I invite you to go to Italy, my guess is that you would be back as soon as you receive your first payslip or at a stretch, after your first tax bill on your tax return.

But king, even if I did and reported back that Italian TAX is as the hundreds of websites (excluding a few Italian low brow news streams screaming how hard done to they are, just as every country has) on the issue report, and as I had previously thought, you would undoubtedly just say I was 'incorrect' just as you claim with everyone else who disagrees with you 70% Italian tax claim.

I would suggest your relative read the article linked in the following on 'avoid double taxation in Italy' as it seems it might be relative.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/work/taxes/income-taxes-abroad/italy/index_en.htm

Some reality (if 400,000+ salaries are reality)

Which country has the highest tax rate?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26327114

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Perhaps Italian employers also deduct an amount for pensions as well as private healthcare and the 70% is not just tax to the government.

I can't believe that 70% would be a normal tax rate on such a salary. There is more to this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Just to get an idea of how bad it is in italy, read about the many entrepreneurs who have committed suicide in the past few years because they couldn't pay their tax bill.

All of them used to be successful and then the government killed them sending on the street all of their employees.

Just to get an idea of how bad it is in italy, read about the many entrepreneurs who have committed suicide in the past few years because they couldn't pay their tax bill.

All of them used to be successful and then the government killed them sending on the street all of their employees.

http://archivio.panorama.it/economia/Imprenditori-suicidi-tutti-i-numeri-del-dramma-dei-fallimenti

The second line blames especially the public administration.

That's from panorama, one of the most renowned publication.

Basic problem is a failure of capitalism for the many. It cannot work, because it is not regulated enough for the current world we are in. When City of London and other financial centres can trade billions within minutes and only some people have inside knowledge, then it is not right. I have heard of several situations in the UK, which are very concerning. One of them involved a very large company looking for financing and subject to takeover moves. They were preyed upon, with demands about their UK operations. Massive corporate interests and financial investors can make it very difficult. In the end the board of the company had to concede to investors to allow the takeover. This is what is happening, with massive global corporations gradually taking over any profitable companies they can get their hands on. In Italy, they have other issues, but it boils down to the same problem e.g company investors and outside interests screw the companies, which causes high payroll taxes, business taxes etc.

http://archivio.panorama.it/economia/Imprenditori-suicidi-tutti-i-numeri-del-dramma-dei-fallimenti

The second line blames especially the public administration.

That's from panorama, one of the most renowned publication.

Really useful for non italian speakers

In any event it is controlled by one of Europes most corrupt politicians

In no way am i trivialising suicide but it causes are usually multi factorial , I suspect that the world wide crash of 2008 had a lot to do with it especially when Italy was one of the countries that was on the brink if you believe reputable british newspapers

Anyway, why are we really talking about tax rates in one of 27 other EU countries

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Perhaps Italian employers also deduct an amount for pensions as well as private healthcare and the 70% is not just tax to the government.

I can't believe that 70% would be a normal tax rate on such a salary. There is more to this.

Of course it isnt - I linked the real income tax levels, and 'council tax (which is half ours)

[Removed]

The days of bankers and traders jumping out of windows after their bad deals backfire on them were never long enough.

Edited by honeybee13
Bad taste remark removed.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Of course it isnt - I linked the real income tax levels, and 'council tax (which is half ours)

[Removed]

The days of bankers and traders jumping out of windows after their bad deals backfire on them were never long enough.

Well, I suggest you take your expertise to italy so you can pay half the tax you pay here.

Wake up!

Why are millions of Italians in UK and a handful of UK citizens in italy?

The migration should be reversed.

I came here many moons ago when italy was still livable and I'm glad I did because now it's just a matter of what tax is gonna hit us today.

The official figure of Italians registered as living in the UK is about 250,000.

Hardly Millions

250000 are the registered residents in London alone

http://www.corriere.it/esteri/15_agosto_27/gran-bretagna-immigrazione-mai-cosi-alta-record-italiani-5b443c00-4cbe-11e5-9b47-ed94dd84ed07.shtml

Note the word "registered": The majority are not registered.

Officially I came to UK in 2006, despite having been here since the 80s.

The official figure of Italians registered as living in the UK is about 250,000.

Hardly Millions

:)

maybe there are 'millions' underground, off the grid. at least they wont be claiming any benefits etc...

250000 are the registered residents in London alone

http://www.corriere.it/esteri/15_agosto_27/gran-bretagna-immigrazione-mai-cosi-alta-record-italiani-5b443c00-4cbe-11e5-9b47-ed94dd84ed07.shtml

Note the word "registered": The majority are not registered.

But do not take my word for it, my source is the Consular Service and the United Nations Department of Econimic and Social Affairs

What is yours??

This thread has gone from Brexit to Article 50 to Trump and now to tax! Either way, could you al least to try and be civil. You can disagree as much as you like but at the moment, this thread is looking like it will get worse so let's stop it before it does.

Thanks

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

have you been off the grid then between 80's and 2006.

how did you support yourself in that time, if not 'official'

That was what i was trying to get at in my original post. I was talking about those italians without UK or duel citizinship. Those Italians with less than 5 years living in the UK before applying for residency status

This thread has gone from Brexit to Article 50 to Trump and now to tax! Either way, could you al least to try and be civil. You can disagree as much as you like but at the moment, this thread is looking like it will get worse so let's stop it before it does.

Thanks

Hear, hear, well said Silverfox, we should all be out learning wall building skills. :)

UK doesn't need Italians to be registered to AIRE.

So any Italian can live in uk without telling the Italian government and that's what the majority does.

As far as UK authorities are concerned, they don't even know what AIRE is.

EU mainland nationals don't necessarily have to register themselves in the UK. If they have the finances not to register officially for any state services, then they can live quiet lifes here. I can remember the mafia boss who had been living in the UK for decades, before it was realised. This was in the media a number of years back.

Many wealthy EU nationals choose to base themselves in the UK, as they seem to be able to live quiet lifes enjoying all the facilities, presumably managing not to pay the full taxes they would in another country. Very wealthy Greek shipping magnates have been resident in and around London for decades.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks