Bastille Day Attack in Nice, France - Over 70 Dead & Over 100 Casualties

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Attack In Nice: '73 Dead' As Truck Hits Crowd

At least 73 people are reported to have been killed and dozens injured after a truck ploughed into a crowd in an apparent attack in the French city of Nice.

READ MORE HERE: http://news.sky.com/story/attack-in-nice-73-dead-as-truck-hits-crowd-10502068

My heart and Condolences go out to the families of all those innocent lives lost.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Just turned on my computer,came to the Bear Garden checking for latest posts and threads.

First one i saw was this thread.

Absolutely shocked at this news.

I do not know what else to write.My spirits sank as i took the story in.

As you say stu007

My heart and Condolences go out to the families of all those innocent lives lost.

Shocking ! But there should be no knee jerk reaction. Trump is already saying US should declare war on ISIS, ban citizens coming to US from certain countries.

From what i have seen, it was French citizens involved in this attack, who originate from places like Tunisia.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The situation itself is dreadful and I can only echo the sentiments already expressed.

It raises an interesting question too, especially with Mr. Trump's proposal is that there is no way to protect ourselves from our own people, if the perpetrator of this attack is as the news suggests a French citizen (albeit dual nationality) then how do we propose to stop such atrocities? A state of emergency and heightened security doesn't prevent those intent on causing havoc from doing so, it simply limits the freedoms of those who do abide by the law. Heaven forbid someone here was intent on doing the same, then how do we foresee the actions of the deranged, which security actions can predict that? I wish I knew. One thing is for sure, walls are not the answer, fear and suspicion are not answers.

(Please don't extrapolate this to a view on gun control in the US, the sooner they ban them the better - no one but a soldier needs an assault rifle)

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Personal view

I hate what's happened in France it's a country I have many happy memories of

There is a huge risk to this country and that has increased after Brexit

The main risk are

1) shopping centre attack. People working from the exits inwards

2) similar lorry attack likely Oxford Street before pedestrianiation (I know not a real word)

3) random street attack similar to Paris although residential streets are posible

Likely weapons routes in

1) minor marinas

2) unchecked cars at customs

P.s. if MI6 is intrested I'm a decent shot with a rifle,have no issues with eliminating any issues to national security. And am only not in the military due to failing the eyesight test

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

P.s. if MI6 is intrested I'm a decent shot with a rifle,have no issues with eliminating any issues to national security. And am only not in the military due to failing the eyesight test

:!::spy:

:)

IMO

:-):rant:

:)

Helped on a rifle range in America for 6 months - out shot the instructor

If it came to public safety I would have no issue taking a shot

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Police in the German city of Munich say the perpetrators of a shooting attack are still on the run, and they advise people to avoid public places.

There are reports of at least six people killed, but police have not confirmed that figure.

A big security operation is under way at the Olympia shopping centre in the north-western Moosach district.

Shop workers have been unable to leave the building. There is no information about a possible motive for the attack.

The police Facebook page quoted eyewitnesses as saying they had seen three attackers carrying guns.

Police are now describing it as "an acute terror situation".

I dont understand they are saying the shooters are still on the run - does this mean they escaped when the mall was evacuated ?

Apparently there was also shooting heard at the nearby Metro.

Police are now describing it as "an acute terror situation".

Public transport has been suspended as the extensive security operation continues. The city's central railway station has been evacuated.

People stranded by the emergency and unable to get home are being offered shelter by locals.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I repeat my previous offer

Please note: