Scottish Power closed my account, Im confused

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

3 weeks ago, I received an email from Scottish power, telling me my bill is now ready and due for payment, now I knew its not due until 18 May, and have not entered any meter readings

So I went online to check my bills, only to find the following message, account status CLOSED

Seems Scottish power closed my account on 19 March 2016, and they have given me no reason for this, which I find baffling, and they have finalized my account with an estimated reading, which isn't to far of the correct reading

I have been emailing them for the last few days, to try to get an answer, and the obvious question I have, if my account is closed, am I still a Scottish power customer

Now when it comes to payments, I make payments every 4 weeks by online banking, and my payment is between £75-85; as for meter readings I enter my readings on a quarterly basis so my account is up to date, and I don't get any nasty surprises like a big bill

Now they keep on pestering me to take out a direct debit, but I don't trust them with direct debits, so refuse to take one out

Sorry you appear to have been missed, you are under no obligation to pay by dd.

You say they have closed your account? Therefore you are no longer a SP customer but then if you have gas/electric, who IS supplying you?

Maybe a phone call would generate some answers

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

been sending them emails, and someone is looking into this, but it could take 7-10 days to sort my account out, and open it

I have even said to them, if my account is closed, who is my supplier

now waiting for there reply

There's a couple of things that could have happened to cause this, I'd hazard a guess it's one of two things

Either a different supplier has erroneously taken your supply from Scottish Power, however you would normally have received something from SP to say sorry you're leaving etc

Or

A customer service rep has accidentally closed your account instead of someone else's - for example if someone has moved house and the rep had the wrong account on their system.

It's highly unlikely a system error of any sort would cause this to happen.

Until SP get back to you with more information it's difficult to really say much more

• 2 months later...

By the end of April, this problem was sorted, so I thought

I'm quarterly cash and last reading was suppose to be end of May, now I always check my readings every month, and use excel to calculate my monthly cost

Every 3 months I enter my meter readings online, and have nothing else to pay, but........at the end of May the option to enter my meter readings online disappeared, so I emailed them, and was told to send the readings to them by email, which I did, and they didn't even enter them, but they replied telling me my account was closed on 31 march

At the moment I cant be bothered dealing with them, as getting things ready for holidays, and think when I come back, going to move supplier, as I feel there customer service sucks 100%, as they have failed to explain why my account was closed

Or simply change supplier

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Yep, clearly they don't want anymore profit.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

That's my very intention, but right now I'm just getting ready to go of on holiday, but when I get back home, make one final minimal payment, and send them my meter readings