6 Year Default But Making Payments - Does This Stay on my record

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have some debts that were defaulted coming up to six years ago - I am making reduced payments on them at present.

I understand that defaults come off your credit record after six year but I can't find reference via the forum search facility on what happens if I'm making reduced payments/ there is still an outstanding balance.

Can anyone advice what my credit record will show once it is 6 years after the default whilst I'm still making reduced payments on the debt?

Thanks

Hi

After 6 years the default will fall off with or without any further payments. They cannot add a second default either. There should be nothing to see after the default is gone.

If you can give us some idea what the debts were, there may be a chance to get some charges( if any) refunded

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

Thanks for your response

so what will show on my record - presumably the account itself will still be on there?

I've managed to avoid charges, the only one where I feel hard done by is an AA loan which was HBOS and who have charged the full interest that would have been payable on the loan - so if anything can be done about this then I'm all ears -but having looked into it before I believe not.

What was looked into?

What are the debts?

When were they taken out/accrued?

If there was any ppi?

Obviously dont post anything personal or identifying like names, addressess, acc numbers etc but the more info there is, the better the responses and help will be.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

All references to a defaulted debt must be removed from your credit files after 6 years

has passed from date of default, whether paid off or not.

{the WHOLE ACCOUNT WILL VANISH, never to return}.

{however, this does not mean the debt itself is not still owed

consider a CCA request.}

This is so that someone who continues paying something

- even after 6 years from default

- should not be at a disadvantage to someone who pays nothing after default

and ends up with a clean file after 6 years.

NOTE: {the bracketed text is not ICO guideline but my advise]

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

I know you have mentioned in 2 post about your Credit Reference but have you actually checked your Credit Reference as you don't mention this?

Noodle and ClearScore are free to check

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi,

The debts were unsecured loans/credit card originally taken out at least 9 years ago. I've done CCA, checked for PPI etc and this is clear. I did all this a while ago - its because the defaults are coming up to six years that I'm looking into the question re defaults.

My only issues would be possibilities of getting the interest removed reduced (its what would have been payable on the original loan, nothing extra added).

I have checked my credit record and a couple of DCAs have added their own default dates which I need to challenge separately as the default was not with them, this was just when they took on the debt

So if they accounts themselves disappear from my credit records (is there a link to and regulation that I can quote them?) does this mean my credit score would improve? What would happen if I attempted to remortgage to a lower rate (which would give me more cash to pay the debts) - would they no longer be able to see these debts?.

Thanks again

The dca's cannot simply change the date of default,

the date of default should remain the same as what is on the original default notice.

A dca can change the ownership of the debt to the dca's name from the OC name.

Once the default reaches its 6th anniversary it falls off yr file,

that does not necessarily mean the whole account disappears.

In the case of a CC account for example, if you are making payment towards a CC debt

and the account defaulted 7 yrs ago but a balance still remains,

then the oayments will continue to update the account status but the default will have been removed.

I'll find a link to the ICO guidelines for defaults, pls bear with me

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

also useful

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...