Debt showing twice on Credit report?

Mezzle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had bad debt, which I'm now managing. 

Looking at my credit file, I see examples where a debt has been sold.

For example, a Lloyds Loan might show as

Account with Lloyds Bank
Balance: 0

and an entry from who they sold it to

PRA Group
Balance: £3045

This would be considered as 2 defaults, rather than 1 default that's been sold, wouldn't it? (The default dates are the same),

I have 9 different defaults on my file listed in this manner. (defaulted, 0 balance, but I know I've not paid off that original debt yet, and am paying a DCA)

I'm just making sure I've identified these correctly before I go down the route of chasing the OCs to get them removed.

(I'm also thinking that removing 9 defaults from my file will make it look "nicer" (but still bloody awful!)

Edited by Mezzle

4 minutes ago, Mezzle said:

This would be considered as 2 defaults, rather than 1 default that's been sold, wouldn't it?

No, same agreement number ,regarded as the same debt.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The details I can see show them with different "account ending" - does this mean they're potentially showing as 2 debts?  Or is there somewhere where I can see in a report that the debts are considered the same default?

The credit reference agencies are aware its an assigned debt it is regarded as the same debt its not being regraded as two different debts.

The balance is nil by the Original creditor the new owner is now showing the default balance.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread