Cannot send texts or receive calls - WRT135 [#12499592]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am back again! I thought my troubles were over with Vodafone but apparently this was wishful thinking!

I have been unable to send texts or receive calls since January 8. I have made numerous complaints, have spoken to customer service reps via 191 who have plenty of platitudes about wanting to help me with my problem (this never happens) and have had one call back from an agent who claimed the issue would be resolved in 48 hours which was over 2 weeks ago.

I was told that Vodafone had disconnected my number for reasons no one at Vodafone seems to know despite me paying my bill every month on time by DD. I have not ported my number over recently (I previously had issues with this the beginning of last year when I first joined) so I am more than confused why Vodafone has decided on this course of action out of the blue.

I would appreciate my number being restored since ridiculously enough, I can still make calls but no one can call me as my number is supposedly invalid or callers are given the "you have dialled an incorrect number" message.

I hope that this problem can be resolved and quickly as I am awaiting some rather important phone calls and do not want to miss them because of an error on the part of Vodafone.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

I have submitted the Vodafone form as per instructions.

The reference number is: WRT135 [#12499592]

• 4 weeks later...
This has been resolved I guess.

Vodafone cannot fix the issue so have released me from my contract. They have given me a PAC code and won't charge me any exit fee.

Please make sure you use the PAC code as otherwise VF systems may see it as still being on their system and charge accordingly.

Also, please keep your direct debit open for another couple of months and check your bank statements closely just in case as VF may still charge you.

Keep a check on your credit file too (just in case)

I hope you got the confirmation that they would let you leave free of charge in writing as otherwise they can deny this in the future. they don't keep phone records for long either.

It does seem strange that VF can't fix the problem. They are a telecoms company after all.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Please make sure you use the PAC code as otherwise VF systems may see it as still being on their system and charge accordingly.

Also, please keep your direct debit open for another couple of months and check your bank statements closely just in case as VF may still charge you.

Keep a check on your credit file too (just in case)

I hope you got the confirmation that they would let you leave free of charge in writing as otherwise they can deny this in the future. they don't keep phone records for long either.

It does seem strange that VF can't fix the problem. They are a telecoms company after all.

Once you get a PAC code, doesn't it increases the notice period for another 30 days by any chance? Just wondering.

Once you get a PAC code, doesn't it increases the notice period for another 30 days by any chance? Just wondering.

Not as far as I am aware. I was under the impression if the PAC code wasn't used within the 30 days, the contract would continue. Also I have heard (but don't know for sure) that once the number is ported over, the contract ends on that date.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE