Am I right to request contribution

morphster1983
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

Been green when it comes to what I can and cant do so just hoping for general impartial advice.

My Ex has moved into a new house with her new partner (8 weeks after leaving me and our children in the family home)

I currently have the children with me and it's all going through a court so clearly unable to go into the level of details however it's been ordered that our youngest child spends all day with mum 3 days per week.

The night before the first day of contact I received a call from her requesting that I pack nappies, wipes, toys & spare clothes for our child.

I requested that she too also provides for our children but got the response "I don't get any money for them anymore you do so you need to provide the things that I require for when I have them"

This to me doesn't sound right. She currently works during the evenings and her new partner does not work but surely I'm within my rights to ask for her to either pay money to me towards the upbringing of our children or at the very least provide the basics when she has our children over for contact??

I just wanted someone to give me some impartial advice on how to proceed with this. Clearly I've took to here as I'm not in a financial position myself right now to fund a legal adviser.

Hi There,

Been green when it comes to what I can and cant do so just hoping for general impartial advice.

My Ex has moved into a new house with her new partner (8 weeks after leaving me and our children in the family home)

I currently have the children with me and it's all going through a court so clearly unable to go into the level of details however it's been ordered that our youngest child spends all day with mum 3 days per week.

The night before the first day of contact I received a call from her requesting that I pack nappies, wipes, toys & spare clothes for our child.

I requested that she too also provides for our children but got the response "I don't get any money for them anymore you do so you need to provide the things that I require for when I have them"

This to me doesn't sound right. She currently works during the evenings and her new partner does not work but surely I'm within my rights to ask for her to either pay money to me towards the upbringing of our children or at the very least provide the basics when she has our children over for contact??

I just wanted someone to give me some impartial advice on how to proceed with this. Clearly I've took to here as I'm not in a financial position myself right now to fund a legal adviser.

If you receive child benefits and were providing these things when you had the youngest child over 7 days, you should provide some of the things for the 3 days. But i think it is right that she also contributes towards the childcare for the 3 days.

Not sure it would go in your favour if you did not assist with this, but she also needs to help from her income.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Can not offer advice on any financial or childcare arrangements. But I would suggest looking to see if you have a local community legal advice centre. We have one near where I live, staffed by solicitors and trained legal advisers that offer free advice on a wide range of issues. Admittedly, they are only open for a few hours per week and appointments are often required.

If you are in a union, you might find they also offer legal advice beyond employment law.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I can only speak from experience and please bear in mind this is an INFORMAL arrangement, nothing was ordered by the Courts.

When I split from my ex husband both our children were in nappies and our youngest still on formula. During his contact (initially 2 hours but it increased) I supplied our children in clothing suitable for the time of year (sunhats, coats, scarves etc), a nappy bag (with enough for one change), bottles for the youngest and the double buggy as he didn't have one. He supplied his own nappies, wipes, cream, spare clothes etc. If he had to change clothes due to an accident then I would wash and return the next week. Now I just send the children with their coats/sunhats etc and he has spare clothes, pull ups for our daughter at night etc

If your ex is working then it is reasonable to expect her to provide the things the children would need at her place. Even nappies wouldn't work out to be that expensive as they pack would last her a bit longer

• Haha 1

Hi there. Spoke with cb they say they have written to her but clearly not at the right address. Gave them her forwarding address an contact number but they say I may have to wait up to 12 weeks to get a payment. In the meantime I'm paying her mobile phone bill to contact our children to which most days doesn't happen but worried about any consequences should I choose to terminate the contract an blacklist the handset. Also she is refusing to provide any money for children and or indeed basics. Only food