COOP energy charging but are not supplier

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've decided to switch from my current (Atlantic) gas+electric supplier to COOP using moneysavingexpert.

I have received letter month later from COOP to provide meter readings. I did that and noticed I was charged direct debit from them but also was charged by Atlantic.

I have called Atlantic to ask why they charging me as COOP is my new provider.

They said that they don't know nothing about any switch and that they are current supplier and advised to call COOP.

I have called COOP and after long conversation I was told that this is correct.

That there was some mistake and they charged me 49 pounds for services they do not provide.

I have asked to cancel my account and refund money and confirm everything by email.

I have received email saying all that.

Today 10 days from speaking to COOP I have noticed that I was charged another 49 pounds for services they do not provide.

I'm not rich person and every pound counts for me and here they taking 49 quid for nothing. I have planned my week spendings and now I have 49 pounds less :!:.

I did not received refund yet as COOP said it will take 10-14 days!

How they can take money off me for nothing and refund it in 10-14 days!

I need them now :mad2:

Please advise what to do.

Thank you.

Hi,

I've decided to switch from my current (Atlantic) gas+electric supplier to COOP using moneysavingexpert.

I have received letter month later from COOP to provide meter readings. I did that and noticed I was charged direct debit from them but also was charged by Atlantic.

I have called Atlantic to ask why they charging me as COOP is my new provider.

They said that they don't know nothing about any switch and that they are current supplier and advised to call COOP.

I have called COOP and after long conversation I was told that this is correct.

That there was some mistake and they charged me 49 pounds for services they do not provide.

I have asked to cancel my account and refund money and confirm everything by email.

I have received email saying all that.

Today 10 days from speaking to COOP I have noticed that I was charged another 49 pounds for services they do not provide.

I'm not rich person and every pound counts for me and here they taking 49 quid for nothing. I have planned my week spendings and now I have 49 pounds less :!:.

I did not received refund yet as COOP said it will take 10-14 days!

How they can take money off me for nothing and refund it in 10-14 days!

I need them now :mad2:

Please advise what to do.

Thank you.

Get your Bank to return the Coop payments unpaid and this will re credit your account. This is your right under the Direct Debit guarantee. Coop have confirmed they put through unauthorised payments and your DD guarantee means your Bank has to refund you.

Looks like your transfer failed. Coop started your account before Atlantic closed your account. You need to start an official complaint with Coop. It should be a straightforward process. I have switched a few times and not had any problems.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You often hear from the 'experts' that people don't change as often as they should. This is the sort of reason why they don't, they can never be guaranteed a fault free changeover.

As Uncle B has said, contact your bank for a dd refund.

Edited by Conniff

You often hear from the 'experts' that people don't change as often as they should. This is the sort of reason why they don't, they can never be guaranteed a fault free changeover.

Cancel DD's. Tell old company you are transferring supplier to x company and they will get final readings in due course. Then follow the process through.

I thought there was a set process wiith time periods allowed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread