OVO refusing to reduce DD and failing to replace faulty meter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Meter is failing to register a reading  - stated Battery Cover Open

5 appointments to replace have been cancelled, since April, they are refusing to reduce the Direct Debit.

As I have gas they say none urgent, complaint logged but they have a back log of complaints.

Desperate to reduce my DD, but stonewalled at every turn

Help and advice required, please

Intend.

Faulty meter or not I doubt you would have any joy in reducing the DD amount unless your in credit by about 3 x monthly usage direct debit amount.

COMMUNITY.EONNEXT.COM

E.ON Next Community Thread Had smart meters installed on Monday, job finished around 2pm, now it's over 48 hours later. Electric meter is fine and...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I cannot read the meter!!! 
I will guarantee that  have that much and more in Credit but cannot prove it

Just discovered that the latest appointment to change the meter was cancelled due to the firm not having the paperwork from  the "Network" No idea who the network is. But now looks like 3 companies involved none taking ownership. I need some movement on this.

What are the consequences of cancelling the DD

What are the consequences of cancelling the DD

Complicates the matter, you will lose your DD discount and if you are in arrears they will mark your credit files. Do you not have online facility or App to check your balance and manage account and submit/check readings ?

Take heed read here:- 

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/459110-help-utilita-overcharging-me/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Thanks for reply.

Realise issues with cancelling a DD.

The issue issue the meter is faulty. I cannot read it, OVO cannot read it and they have failed to rectify it and continue to do so.

They sub contract it to a third party and have no control. I have opened a complaint but they have a backlog of complaints so no movement.

Need advice on how to break the deadlock.

WWW.OVOENERGY.COM

Log in to your online OVO account. It’s here to make life easier. See your bills, set up Direct Debits, and send meter readings, all from your phone or...