Vanquis credit card...have unfortunately become one of their victims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fkofilee:

Just realised!! GWG = Goodwill gestures!!

Fkofilee:

Thanks!

Yes, that's exactly what they're doing, so obvious.

On each occasion I'd spoken to them, back in July, re. the £33 fake charges, I constantly told them that if they added even £1 fake charge to my account, I'd take legal action.

Obiter dictum:

I'm SO sorry!! Please accept my apologies! I didn't look at the poster's name, which is why I addressed my last post of thanks to Fkofilee.

Thanks very much for your info, re. GWG. You'll no doubt have noticed that I worked out its meaning just a few seconds earlier, hence my post printed one minute after your informative one - "crossed in the mail", as it were!

Fkofilee:

Yes, I'm very aware that I'm in the driving seat, with this company!

The latest... relating to the fake charge of £0.96 which I discovered they'd slapped onto my account just a few days ago (which I related in my post of the 1st of this month, above), after I spoke to them about this in no uncertain terms, they did refund a whopping £24.96(!).

However... I today found, to my utter disbelief, another fake charge - this time for £15.76.

I'll be speaking to them about it tomorrow. I wonder how they'll respond.

I'm stunned that a company who carries out this sort of behaviour can be authorised by the relevant financial authority [Financial Services Authority?].

Fkofilee:

No, the £15.96 is not purchase interest. It's not actually listed as a charge, but is there, all the same. I checked it by listing all transactions as of the last statement, including the £24.96 refund, and did the maths. The [very small] purchase interest (less than £7) is listed as such, of course. The balance on my current statement is given, but then the "amount available to spend" is £15.96 more than it should be; ie, looks like they've 'tried it on', hoping I won't notice. But I HAVE noticed.

The evidence therefore shows that something very 'funny' is going on.

(I'm not making purchases with this card [other than a couple of very small items], and the minimum monthly payment is currently only in the region of £13, though I pay more than that)

Hi Chris

Vanquis do make it up ad they go along a lot of them time. They dont explain things clear enough and their systems are well well below that of Captial One for example.

Would it be worth you posting a screenshot up of the transaction? It must be on the statement.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Fkofilee:

Thanks for your comment. Yes, you're so right when you say that Capital One are far more organised etc than are Vanquis...

However... never let it be said that I don't hold my hands up when I realise I've made a mistake!!!

For I yesterday completely forgot that on the day before I saw the fake £0.96 charge, I'd purchased 3 books totalling £15.76!!!!! The 'mystery' £15.76!

I do have a lot on my mind, due to the fact my partner and I are very busy planning to make a major house move; he and I are extremely stressed, with all the things which need to be done, and it caused me to forget those small purchases!