Experian credit score and new credit accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a general query.

Just received my Experian report and my score has gone down by 151 points. States as a reason for two new credit accounts.

This does not bother me as after six months, it will be back to normal.

Now expect the score to decrease a little as just closed a credit card account and moved to a new balance transfer card, but the second credit account left me bemused.

Back in March used Swinton for my home insurance and paid by monthly direct debit. Close Premium Finance provided finance and they have now, some six months later, registered the account on my credit file.

Besides not being happy, when I come to renew my home insurance, will they do another hard search? 

My car insurance is also through Close Premium Finance, but with Hastings in which I will get a renewal quote at the end of this month.

A simple hard search will not affect yous score that much plus it wont be registered as a credit search :) 

image.png.4ef8722251d70f238eeeda767f466b51.png

This is my search history in the last month. The registration type for the search with change between a number of different items. 

Dont worry all will right itself.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis