Community Care Grant list of items

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having moved to Northern Ireland

I am on ESA, in the support group because i have arthritis in both knees. I have been staying in a hostel provided by the local housing Executive due to my current needs.

The housing executive have just offered my a ground floor flat that suits my needs for which i have accepted. My move in date is expected to be in 4-6 weeks after the housing executive have made the flat acceptable due to the last tenant.

I have been given a Form (Community Care Grant) to complete and send to the local Social Security Office as there is no DWP in Northern Ireland. -It can take up to a month to process.

This grant allows for help in costs setting up a new home with the basics such as a cooker, fridge etc

Are there any dedicated web sites etc where you can list these household things and help in filling out the form

I have never seen any but the CAB (if they are in NI) should be able to assist.

Many many years ago when the DWP did these grants, I was advised to put in for everything I needed and let the decision maker work it out.

One thing I would add though, if anything needs fitting, plumbed in or needing electrical work, add that you your wish list.

Don't be too surprised if they advise you to look on sites similar to Freegle.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Also, CCG's are often refused in the first instance, with people needing to request a review in order to get it awarded. Crazy system, but it's how they save money, I expect - weeds out the less desperate who won't challenge the decision.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Have you been issued the CF300 form? You can ask for help filling in this form but will need to sign the declaration on section 19 if someone filled it in or helped you do so...

If you need to appeal for any reason you have 28 days from being told of the decision, but this must be in writing

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• 1 month later...

Just bringing this thread to a close

The Community Care Grant was granted by the Social Security Office. The premises i accepted from the housing authority really was bare. Not even a cooker.

The Grant was a life saver and i feel sorry for people in England and Wales now having to apply through the local authority. All the Social Security office needed was a signed copy of the tenancy agreement. Being in a hostel for which the Social Security were aware did help i guess and this grant was used exactly used for the purpose originally intended.

Glad to hear that got sorted for you, and thanks for updating the thread to let us know - it's always appreciated.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Did you also get bed linens, curtains and stuff like that CQ ?

I hope you are happy in your new home :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, the lady who handles the Community Care Grant for the Social security office phoned me. She stated you really do not need to list things. They are aware if you are staying under social service accommodation or a hostel that flats provided by the housing executive are always unfurnished. They have a list themselves they go by and it is Argos prices.

I can honestly say in Northern Ireland the Social Security office treat you with respect and are polite. Unlike the DWP in the UK who treat anyone who is unemployed for what ever reason as a work shy scrounger

The support services are in place from the very beginning and the Staff take pride in their work and have my total respect. Not once have i been made to feel uncomfortable because of the situation i found myself in beyond my control. That is Arthritis