Andy Long/GA Motors - unroadworthy car. Got CCJ **SETTLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can't believe this con man is still able to trade! All these old posts  of victims of his from. 2013.

I've bought a mini Cooper from GA Motors on Haslingden old road in Blackburn.

The car was not road worthy.

I had it 7 weeks and was plagued with issues.

I could smell the exhaust inside the car all the time I would have a headache.. lots of issues.

But then the front offside wheel started smoking.

It took him 2 weeks to get the car to take it to a mechanic.

I asked to speak to the mechanic who said the fan's are a big job needing the dash off.... a

fter the work was completed I knew Andy long hadn't paid the mechanic for the work on my car which he'd requested bare minimum effort. 

I didn't trust him or believe a word he said at this point. 

My auntie was with me when we bought the car and the money came from her account.

She's a retired none practicing solicitor so I qsk for some help. 

She contacted him to say exactly how we saw the situation and so asked for a refund.

After telling my auntie that I had caused all the issues with the car.

As of this moment we have pursued him through the civil court and he's been served a judgement. To his business though. 

We are having to apply to the police to get his residential address. 

We had an agreement with him that he would sell the car.. to the next unsuspecting victim, and pay us £2,200. A loss of almost £1000 in 8 weeks.

We are at his mercy at this point just to get as much of our money and have done with him. 

But no.. he had my car, the documents,  he said he needed to resell the car,  and my money.

He has had the car since 1st September 2022. He's just ignoring us.

I have been to the police who did contact him and told He'd sort it this week. 

That was early November.

He ignored a couple of calls from the police and they tell me its a civil matter. 

We have done everything... 5hr citizens Advice consumer helpline have told me they can help me anymore because we have already got a judgement against him. 

The best part is He's sold my car which I noticed on the government website DVLA it's just been taxed for 12 months. 

I rang the DVLA to make sure I'm still the registered keeper on the V5 but I'm now a former keeper and because I was not in receipt of the car or the v5 then he can sell the car a change registered keeper on the log book! He said that they Don't deal with ownership! 

So the new keeper is driving a stolen car which is not road worthy. What a nightmare 

• dx100uk changed the title to Andy Long now GA Motors on Haslingden old road in Blackburn.- sold me an unroadworthy car. got judgement but he's not paying up

you have a judgement

why can't you sent in high court bailiffs?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The Judgement is against his business address and the man changes names, addresses like the wind. We have applied to the police for his address but we aren't holding our breath 

Also there are huge iron gates you can't see a thing but he operates from a forecourt behind a semi detached  bungalows I believe the owner of the bungalow is a silent partner and just as dodgy. 

The police aren't doing anything,  we have been told Time and again we are doing the right thing to chase him and we will but the high court bailiffs won't be able to get hold of him at his dodgy yard he only opens it to customers. 

6 minutes ago, Lancashirelass76 said:

but the high court bailiffs won't be able to get hold of him at his dodgy yard he only opens it to customers. 

whoever told you that? thats bunkum!

what exactly did you put in for the defendants details  i;e who did you raise the claim against

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Andy Long t/a GA Motors at his business address. 

There are so many people who have been through the exact same thing and they have done everything we have through civil court, 

reported him to trading standards,

Police,

DVLA,

action fraud

and nobody does a thing.

He's done this for years.

And knowing what he's capable of his assets if any will be in someone else's name or something. 

exact address too please.....

you can never protect against phoenix traders, but if you get the personal name correct, they can't avoid bailiffs unless all assets are transferred.

dx

and they

Absolutely

This is exactly what I think he will have done.  Too many people have money claims against him but I doubt any of us got their money. I can not understand for the life of me how is getting away with this 10+ years. Someone isn't doing their job. 

His cars are sold from GA Motors 

Old Road, oswaldtwistle, Accrington. BB5 3RG

I've got the address wrong for you I'm sorry you will want to change the title to Old Road,  Oswaldtwistle Accrington. 

Strange because it's practically Blackburn 

Edited by Lancashirelass76

what address did you put on your claimform.

and they

This one.  As it stands it's the only one we know and can find. 

I live in Accrington and I know lots of people who know him

I've known his brother for over 10 years. I can not get an address.

I've got people asking people they know and I will find him. 

what one.....:frusty:

what address for him did you put on the actual claimform......

• Haha 2

and they

I'm sorry 😂 I don't know why my last post isn't working but the address of the claim form is Andy Long T/A GA Motors, Unit D  Old Road. Oswaldtwistle. Accrington. BB5 3RG.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung-rev2&source=android-browser&q=ga+motors

is there par chance any registration number on their invoice or any paper work you have?

cant find any registration on companies house, fca register etc etc that GA motors Unit D  Old Road. Oswaldtwistle. Accrington. BB5 3RG. even exist.

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

major update Andy Long has been trading from the same site

yes it's unit D Haslingden old road BB5 3RG he's using the name John Stephenson!

He has sold vehicles in this name and is asking for cash only. 

He isn't listed on companies House.

He's banned from advertising on auto trader and other websites.

He has been reported by so many people who have fallen victim to him and his ridiculous business Time and again yet he is still trading???

He's been done for fraud in 2018. I'm at a loss to understand how he is still able to do it.

He is a criminal and putting lives at risk by selling cars with dodgy MOTs  and are not road worthy 

• 3 weeks later...

His address is 112 Hindle Street, Darwin, as far as i know. i spoke to the owner of a business he used to own. Got lots of extra details ie kids schools etc. he conned me out of £7400, has £400 so far its a disgrace. I’m 3 hours away in durham or I’d have been down a long time ago

• Like 1

Absolutely unbelievable.. how is this man still trading? 

Is it possible to message me please 

We have been to hell and back with this bloke. 

I can not understand how the police and the trading standards are letting this carry on?

He's been doing it for years 

please dont exchange pers info, its against site rules and gdpr we must abide by.

dx

and they

UPDATE, Sincere apologies,  I now have the been given the ability to private message, thank you. 

please 

advise how members can share sensitive information with each other and to assist each other on consumer action group which is invaluable to me and countless people who have been defrauded by the same person.

If I was to make the information public for all to see I would be breaking the rules. 

If we can't communicate privately using CAG please advise how people can help each other and stop this happening to others 

as long as the info is in the public domain it can be shared here in the open too.

this is a forum to help everyone, not for members to privately sort out their own issues with a chosen few.

please read our rules

if you wish to do that please use facebook and messenger.

and they

• 3 months later...

@kacperM3 I have sent you a yellow sticky note. Please refresh your screen and you should see it 

• Thanks 1

Hi all. We'd like to help all victims of this guy. We do have his correct name and address and we successfully managed to partially recover some of our loss through CCJ. As I'm new to this website I'd like to encourage you helping me with the correct way of sharing this information outside / inside of this thread so all rules are followed. Thanks 

Edited by kacperM3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kacperM3 said:

Hi all. We'd like to help all victims of this guy. We do have his correct name and address and we successfully managed to partially recover some of our loss through CCJ. As I'm new to this website I'd like to encourage you helping me with the correct way of sharing this information outside / inside of this thread so all rules are followed. Thanks 

Please would you contact us on our admin email address and let us know what you have – and if possible a PDF copy of the CC J

we will be happy to post up anything as long as we can be confident that we don't exposed ourselves to any legal threats

Why is he still trading?

He's been done by trading standards,  he's a convicted fraudster, he's been done for theft and by Trading Standards!

He's been reported recently to trading standards by ourselves and has got himself a place on the national register with Trading Standards.

He is well known to The Lancashire police however they are an absolute waste of time and did nothing whatsoever to help us.

We finally got our money back Inc court costs after chasing him for almost a year and being completely ghosted by the bloke. 

My best advice to anyone in our position is put him on social media.

I put it on Facebook Inc photos of him from Google and within the hour he contacted me offering to pay me if u took the post down !😂 oh no Andy,  pay up and I will remove the post..... result 

And did you remove the post?