53 PCN - Petty Wales EC3N 4EE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1. Date of the infringement 03/06/23

2. Date on the PCN 07/06/23

3. Date received 08/06/23

4. Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? N/A

5. Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes, including CCTV footage.

6. Have you appealed? No

7. Who is the authority? City of London

8. Where exactly Petty Wales - Opposite Tower of London EC3N 4EE

On 3 June 2023 during the train strikes I drove into london and parked at Tower Hill Car and Coach Park

When driving towards the car park the road markings were somewhat confusing but I understood I was driving down a one way road to reach the car park.

On exiting the car park I turned left (still with the mindset I was in a one way zone). I saw a row of parked taxis all facing the same way which re-inforced this mindset and concluded I had to drive all the way around the car park to exit onto the highway.

Unironically as I was concentrating on the number of pedestrians and even stopped to allow some to cross at the entrance to Petty Wales (seen in the CCTC footage), I missed the single road sign placed on the road the opposite side to the driver.

The road appears to have been resurfaced and some previous markings of double yellow lines that used to appear across the entrance to Petty Wales have not been replaced. These markings would have made it clearer to motorists the road is not to be driven down except for loading during certain periods of the day.

I entered Petty Wales and drove to the end until I saw bollards clearing blocking vehicles from continuing and therefore turned around using Gloucester Ct at the end of Petty Wales.

I then drove West along Lower Thames St and despite being faced with a one way road marking concluded the only way to exit the area the car park was located was to proceed to the left.

A few days later the PCN arrives.

I appreciate Penalty Charge Notice's are a different kettle of fish to PPC but this imo is classic case of poor signage and road markings.

I am unsure whether to pay the reduced charge and appeal hoping to later receive a refund or to simply appeal.

PCN - 07.06.23 - Redacted.pdf

Edited by Intrepid