Disputing My Energy Bill Wth Scottish Power

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

To cut a long story short, i had taken out dual fuel tariff with Scottish Power. When my 1 year contract came to an end they took it on themselves to issue me a new tarif without contacting me, anyway there were no accurate meter reading done by Scottish Power.so i made a complaint regarding the estimated meter readings Scottish Power decided to close the account.

Scottish Power finally sent a meter reader to come and take a reading late February 2015, few weeks later i received a electricity bill shy of £800. I have been in touch and Scottish Power keep saying the bill is correct.

I truly don't think my energy bill is correct, what are my options?

Thanks

Is this a residential account or a business account?

Are you saying that you had a dispute with ScottishPower and the because of the dispute they unilaterally close the account? This is very strange behaviour.

Have you been complaining by letter or on the telephone?

Thanks for your reply BankFodder

Is this a residential account
Yes

Because of the dispute they unilaterally close the account? This is very strange behaviour
Because of inaccurate/estimated meter readings?

My dispute is entirely to do with this electricity bill shy of £800 for two months worth of electricity. Is there anyone i can contact

Thanks

you have to go through their formal complaints procedure, which is worse than a chocolate tea pot and then on to the energy ombudsman.

Have you got start and end meter readings? Dont rely on SP providing them, they cannot issue them to the correct house a lot of the time and will probably have the wrong account number anyway so use you own data.

ask your previous supplier for their fianl readings and that will be your start reading for SP, you can then calculate the consumption up to the present date, subtract what you have paid and then you will owe the difference. IF you left SP then the start reading for your newco will be their final reading.