Help Powergen demand for £1,700.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Powergen cancelled my DD in 2003, denied I was a customer for the next few years so refused to set up a new DD.

I tried to register for their on line system & failed but due to this they didn't forward me a bill for almost 2 years.

Now they send me a demand for £1700+!!!

I sent them this letter -

Further to your letter dated 28th August 2006 and previous correspondence regarding the above account. In an attempt to resolve matters, I would like to set out a number of key points which summarise the situation and are beyond dispute.

•Payments were satisfactorily made to the account by direct debit until the order was cancelled by TXU Energi, as notified in their letter dated 25 January 2003.

•A number of attempts were made by myself to set up a replacement direct debit. These were unsuccessful as I was repeatedly informed by yourselves that I was not a customer.

•A number of part payments were made by me following the cancellation of the direct debit mandate, in an attempt to bring the account into line.

•No bills have been sent to me for almost 2 years – since November 2004.

It is clear to me and crucially, it would be clear to the industry regulator, Ofgem, that there have been failings on both sides since the original direct debit payments were routinely and satisfactorily collected.

Accordingly, as a last resort before contacting Engerywatch, I am willing to consider, as a reconciliatory gesture, making a one off payment, in full and final settlement, of £431.97, this being commensurate with my degree if culpability. I would then expect you to confirm that the debt is considered to be repaid in full.

I received a letter from them offering to accept £163 for a repayment plan!!!! I'm a single mother & there's no way on earth I can afford this.

Has anyone got any ideas for my next plan of action or can anyone give me the name of the chief exec/ MD so I can write directly to them.

Any help would be vey much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Halifax 1

WON - £1,355.49 21/07/06

MINT

WON - £273.81 14/09/06

First Direct

WON - £913.50 01/09/06

Capital One

WON - £130.13 03/11/06

Halifax 2

WON - £188.03 01/12/06

Kensington Mortgages ERC

MCOL for £6,204.39 Discontinued

Halifax Mortgage Admin fee

WON - £10.00

Direct Line Mortgage Redemption Fee

WON - £99.00

Halifax 3

MCOL for £109.01 reg 07/03/07

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/redemptionfees/

Please sign this petition x

Thanks for the help.

I've been to Energywatch which have done nothing so far - I suppose I better give tham another chance.

I'm getting a bit stressed about it now. :(

Halifax 1

WON - £1,355.49 21/07/06

MINT

WON - £273.81 14/09/06

First Direct

WON - £913.50 01/09/06

Capital One

WON - £130.13 03/11/06

Halifax 2

WON - £188.03 01/12/06

Kensington Mortgages ERC

MCOL for £6,204.39 Discontinued

Halifax Mortgage Admin fee

WON - £10.00

Direct Line Mortgage Redemption Fee

WON - £99.00

Halifax 3

MCOL for £109.01 reg 07/03/07

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/redemptionfees/

Please sign this petition x

Powergen cancelled my DD in 2003, denied I was a customer for the next few years so refused to set up a new DD.

I tried to register for their on line system & failed but due to this they didn't forward me a bill for almost 2 years.

Now they send me a demand for £1700+!!!

I sent them this letter -

Further to your letter dated 28th August 2006 and previous correspondence regarding the above account. In an attempt to resolve matters, I would like to set out a number of key points which summarise the situation and are beyond dispute.

•Payments were satisfactorily made to the account by direct debit until the order was cancelled by TXU Energi, as notified in their letter dated 25 January 2003.

•A number of attempts were made by myself to set up a replacement direct debit. These were unsuccessful as I was repeatedly informed by yourselves that I was not a customer.

•A number of part payments were made by me following the cancellation of the direct debit mandate, in an attempt to bring the account into line.

•No bills have been sent to me for almost 2 years – since November 2004.

It is clear to me and crucially, it would be clear to the industry regulator, Ofgem, that there have been failings on both sides since the original direct debit payments were routinely and satisfactorily collected.

Accordingly, as a last resort before contacting Engerywatch, I am willing to consider, as a reconciliatory gesture, making a one off payment, in full and final settlement, of £431.97, this being commensurate with my degree if culpability. I would then expect you to confirm that the debt is considered to be repaid in full.

I received a letter from them offering to accept £163 for a repayment plan!!!! I'm a single mother & there's no way on earth I can afford this.

Has anyone got any ideas for my next plan of action or can anyone give me the name of the chief exec/ MD so I can write directly to them.

Any help would be vey much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Well who did you think supplied your energy? If you weren't paying a bill monthly/weekly.. you can hardly be surprised to be landed with an overwhelming bill!

However, their mistake at the beginning was cancelling your direct debit instruction.

That is just my opinion though.

Initially you WERE paying your bills until they messed around with your payment.