Mint Claim

Dave J
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again all,

After two letters to which i've received the same thankyou your complaint is being looked into response i've now got to proceed with the moneyclaim part of the game.

Mint are registered in Scotland under RBOS.

I know from reading another thread in the General Forum that my claim still falls under English law because it was begun in England but who are the actual defendants MINT or RBS?

The best address I can find is

Royal Bank Of Scotland

17-19 Mill Street

Bedford

MK40 3EU

Would this be suitable? As an aside what is the importance of getting the Head Office address correct, if I were to just address any old department would it still be valid?

Thanks

Dave

P.S I think Mint should get its own forum now.

I would be really grateful if someone could pass on some knowledge on this i am gagging to take them to court but cannot because it seems the business is registered in Edinburgh and Moneyclaim won't allow it.

I am based in England and want to go through the English system but i obviously need a valid English address, could anyone advise briefly?

Yes, the Mint credit card is a Royal Bank of Scotland card-

If you live in England, then English Law will apply, unless you have requested otherwise-

The Royal Bank of Scotland is the Data Contoller for the Mint card, therefore any DPA request should be made to RBS.

You should check on the back of one of your Mint statements, there should be an address to write to but make sure that you head up your letter-

"COMPLAINT"

I hope this added information helps-

Good Luck and maybe check out some of the posts on this BAG website under-

Royal Bank of Scotland Action Group....

angry cat

Tricky... Just had a look on their website at the "contact us", and these are the possibilities:

MINT Application Processing Centre MINT,

Freepost SEA 122286,

Ashford,

TW15 1BR

(above probably not best choice)

Customer service address MINT,

Customer Service Centre,

PO BOX 6050,

Southend-on-Sea,

SS99 1WL

Postal payments

Classic

MINT MasterCard Classic

Milton Keynes MK77 1AS

MINT Visa Classic

Milton Keynes MK77 1QA

Gold

MINT MasterCard Gold

Milton Keynes MK77 1RP

MINT Visa Gold

Milton Keynes MK77 1AD

Platinum

MINT MasterCard Platinum

Milton Keynes MK77 1AZ

That's all I can come up with, whether you can use 1 of them for Moneyclaim I do not know... I don't see why not, after all, I issued my claims for bank accounts to my branch...

Thanks for taking the time bookworm i do appreciate it. Angry cat last time i checked Edinburgh was in Scotland but cheers anyway!

I'll call them and get an address from the horses mouth and put it on here.

Hello Dave J

I am sorry if I have caused any confusion but I agree with Bookworm this is a tricky one!

Mint is a business name of The Royal Bank of Scotland ie with this credit card RBS are Trading as MINT and they are registered in Edinburgh, Scotland. I have just checked on The Financial Services Authority website and their registration number is 121882 - The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. I have also checked on the Mint website but it seems to be very lacking in information !

Therefore, I have to agree with Bookworm that your best bet is to use their-

Customer Service Centre

PO Box 6050

Southend on Sea

SS99 1WL

I also found a Mint complaints number - 0800 121 122 and a Help mumber 08701 541 825

Good Luck

angry cat

Although I have applied for my charges back through moneyclaim already i did get a response to my letters to MINT.

I think this paragraph may be of some use to us. Perhaps you would like a scan guys?

"There is no reason why customers should incur these charges to which you refer, as they are entirely avoidable if the terms of the account are not breached."

They might as well have put "THESE ARE A PENALTY!!"

Hi Dave J !

Of course, as would be expected....their wording is extremely ambiguous

"There is no reason why customers should incur these charges to which you refer, as they are entirely avoidable if the terms of the account are not breached."

My interpretation of the quoted wording, is that they consider their Term's & Conditions have been breached.

However they love to play with words.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going !

Kind thoughts

angry cat

• 3 weeks later...

They didn't acknowledge my claim and so I have won by default (issued already), just have to get the money now. I will give them seven days before the warrant of execution.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok this has gone a bit further and i've not posted an update for a while, i now need a bit of advice please.

I filed the claim against the following defendant

MINT ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND PLC

Unfortunately when sending the judgement to the register it was picked up in the queries department because it had two names instead of one. They wrote back to me asking to clarify the name.

Unfortunately I have to pay £35 for this draft order before I would be able to issue my warrant of execution.

Can I add this £35 to my total claim from MINT?

Dave

Thanks for your reply surreyscouse, I was wondering if anyone had anything more definate in response?

My moneyclaim online says judgement issued, would it say entered if it were final?

I may write to RBS head office informing them of the judgement and try and get them to pay up anyway.

• 1 month later...

DId you get the money.. I got judgement by default issued last week.. and I am getting nervous...

Cahoot

JBD issued - 27/07/06, warrant issued 08/08/06

First Direct

Settled in Full

Capital One

Prelim Sent

Citi Financial

Offer of difference betwen £30 and £12

GE Capital - Evans Card, Data Protection Act

Argos Card, DPA

Barclay Card, 8th May-DPA, 14th July- 2nd DPA (asking complete history!!)

Egg Card & Egg Loan,DPA

NatWest Card

LBA

Vodfone

3rd letter re: default

Studio & Ace

Prelim for Studio e-mailed

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks