Lowells/Cap1 2005 - CCA return - fold App Form + V10 T&C's - enforceable?

DebtUpToMyEyeBalls
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if it does carry on, the way I stopped them was emailed their CEO in the USA and told him every time I got a call or letter related to our disputed account, I would email him to show him how annoying it is.

After 2 weeks and more than 40 emails I got a polite letter from the customer services director of Cap One UK thanking me for my emails to Rich Fairbank and assuring me that the harassment would end.

And it did.

Here's that email address should you need it rich.fairbank@capitalone.com

• 3 years later...

Yesterday I received a letter from Lowell Portfolio (LOW106) informing me they have purchased the debt from Captial One

and today I received a letter from Capital One (LOW101) informing me the account has been sold to Lowell Portfolio.

As you can see from previous in this thread, the Capital One account has been in dispute with Capital One since July 2009.

I have not heard anything from Capital One for nearly 4 and half years and now I receive these letters.

What course of action do I need to do with Lowell Portfolio regarding these letters

Many thanks

these are the same letters that a few of us have received this week

Lowell has acquired a raft of Capone accounts many of which may well be "lemons".

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Is this debt still on your credit record ?

If it is no longer on there, it could be statute barred ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have just checked my Equifax credit report and there is no sign of the Capital One Entry at all????. When I last checked in 2012 it was showing on my Experian as defaulted on Aug 2009, so I cant understand why its not there as it has not reached the 6 year Statute Barred???

I have just checked my Equifax credit report and there is no sign of the Capital One Entry at all????. When I last checked in 2012 it was showing on my Experian as defaulted on Aug 2009, so I cant understand why its not there as it has not reached the 6 year Statute Barred???

It may have been removed as part of the sale of the debt, with Lowell to add their name in replacement.

Think you need to find out from Capone when the account actually went into default, unless you know when you defaulted on payment. Do you have all the paperwork for the account ? I have not read all the thread, but if it ain't statute barred, Lowells may attempt to enforce the debt by CCJ.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I have a copy of the 2012 Experian credit report and it states the Capital One default date as 31/08/2009.

Is that the correct date as far as you know ? This would indicate that you stopped paying around June 2009. I think most credit cards go into default a couple of months later.

If the default date is correct, then I am not sure I would do anything at this stage. Lowells are at an early stage in their chasing process and no doubt you will get further letters. If you have copies of the correspondence regarding a previous CCA request and then this being complied with without all the prescribed terms, then I would keep this to yourself for now. If you write back to them now, they will have to deal with your letter and they will start looking into it. You are about a year before it is statute barred, so perhaps wait to write to them about the account being in dispute and that a copy of the CCA with all the prescribed terms was not available.

Last payment showing on the account was March 2009

So if payment was due in April which you did not pay, it probably should have been defaulted in June 2009, so possibly the date on your credit record is 2 months out. But CapOne may have issued the DN late. It would depend on what CapOne terms say about default timing.

Have you sent a CCA request to Lowell yet?

The "prove it " letter from the CAG library to Lowell.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I will sending the "prove it " letter tomorrow.

Have you ever sent a CCA request for this debt ?

• 2 weeks later...

Received another letter today stating the debt is still outstanding and if account is not repaid legal action against me maybe be taken in the form of an application to the County Court for a Judgment to recover or they could apply for my bankruptcy.

Is it now time to send a CCA Request??