Lowells/Cap1 2005 - CCA return - fold App Form + V10 T&C's - enforceable?

DebtUpToMyEyeBalls
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

around you last payment /usage

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup:

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

only invites letter tennis

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

they can 'think' all they like!

dx

and they

What will their next step be...more begging letters?

Should I reply or just ignore them.

I'm just worried as the amount they are chasing is a big sum, 10k+, and because I own my own home, I don't want them to apply for bankruptcy and chance us losing our family home.

Thank you.

I know some people don't agree with playing letter tennis, but I always do. Lowell have a nasty habit of issuing Statutory Demands to avoid going through the usual County Court process and although these can usually be defended successfully it's all a pain.

I would write back to them and tell them that in response to your request for a copy of your agreement they have sent you only a copy of a signature box and you require to see the whole document. Refer them to the Waksman Judgment in Carey v HSBC, Paragraph 234 (4) which states that where an agreement has been varied by the creditor a copy of the original agreement must be supplied.

Also tell them that the alleged agreements they have sent do not bear your signature and there is no connection between either of them and the signature box.

Then tell them they are obliged by the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR 200) to advise you if they hold, or have ever held, a properly executed signed credit agreement for this account, and they are equally obliged to advise you if they hold no such agreement.

Tell them that if they do find the entire agreement you allegedly signed you will make an appointment to visit their offices to examine it.

They will then write back and ignore your questions!

It did take me some time to get them to appreciate my point of view and agree to write off the account, but I got there in the end. Like you, it was quite a large amount of money so it can be done.

DD

Hi there,

There isn't a drafted letter as such. This is more or less what I said. Different people receive different things, and the points they have to raise depend on the date the account was opened.

So basically,

Dear Sirs,

I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated....

I have not received a copy of the signed alleged credit agreement for this account. I have received only a copy of a signature box and some typed up "agreements" which do not bear my signature. There is no connection between the signature box and these two "agreements" and they were not sent to me at the time I made an application to Capital One. I require you to send me a copy of the entire agreement you allege I signed. I would refer you to the Waksman Judgment in etc., as above to end of paragraph.

You are obliged under the Consumer etc., as above to end of paragraph.

If you will confirm that you do hold a copy of my original signed credit agreement I will make an appointment to visit your office to inspect it.

Anything else you want to add.

Yours faithfully,

DD

• 2 weeks later...

I have received a response to my last letter.

I'm convinced they don't even read any letters they receive, My letter stated that I have not received a copy of the signed alleged credit agreement for this account and I have only received a copy of a signature box and some typed up "agreements" which do not bear my signature.

So guess what they send in response!...The same credit agreement and terms & conditions they originally sent when the CCA was requested!!

The coving letter states “Please find attached copy of your signed agreement and statement”. They have now placed all collections activity on hold for 14 days giving time for me to respond.

pers I'd be stopping letter tennis now

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Received another "We have not heard from you...We are willing to help.....If I don't contact them the account will be passed collections" letter today.

Is it worth a response i.e. reminding them they have not fully responded to my request for a viewing of the CCA?

Also what is the criteria for statue barred?

Many thx

as post 167

dx

and they