PRS landlord to evict tenants on housing benefit.

citizenB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll start you off with the first one, tomtom, then you can go play with google for the rest. It's quite easy you know ... :)

'No evidence of culture of worklessness'

I know it's quite easy, but normally I would expect that one would provide proof of said facts when posting. It's the norm on most forums I visit, saves ambiguity.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok evidence.

I said:

-The benefit cap is a maximum of £500pw per household (not per person) from which all expenses must be paid - rent, council tax, utility bills, court orders, food, clothing, repairs, travel to job centres etc. The £500pw is not going to most households.

Benefit cap maximum of £500 - easily found on govt website but the Turn2Us (a recognised national charity) website explains what's covered & what isn't.

Here's Shelter's take on it to show that Turn2Us are relaying facts, not political spin:

- Most JSA claimants are short-term.

Labour Market Surveys are released every month. There you can download the Claimant Count statistics dating back to 1986.

- It is not possible to buy the old CRT-style telly's nowadays
Walk down any high street or shopping centre & ask the TV retailers. Even second hand places like Cash Converters rarely stock them.

- Most benefit claimants rely on reputable companies like Brighthouse, Provident, Greenwoods to help purchase household goods - yes, the 'reputable' is sarcasm
No verifiable evidence that Brighthouse, Provident etc are frequented by those on benefits but ask yourself if those that aren't struggling on minimal income would shop in those stores or pay the extortionate interest rates to get a loan if they were able to access mainstream funding.

Not sure what other evidence would be required in order to convince people that life on benefits is not a breeze - sometimes people believe just what they want to, in spite of the facts :rolleyes: