Harassment warning

l1awrie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning

The front of my house faces the street, at the side of my house is the drive which runs the length of my garden plus my garage which is behind my garden.

The drive continues in front of first neighbours house, which is built side on to the rear of my property.

I have a right of way in front of this property in order to reverse my car onto so that I am facing the street to leave.

NFH is next, his house is also side on but his garage is built at the end of the drive, the land he owns in front of his garage is insufficient to park his own car on, can't park in garage as that is his workshop.

First neighbour has apparently told him he, friends and family can park on the right of way.

Hope that helps

As is often the case with our problems, we can see an answer to other peoples problems, but can't fix our own.

What seems unimportant to some people can be of great importance to the person affected.

The trouble with letting things go.............is, people do not realise you are being reasonable and go on to take further liberties, then when you have had too much you do something silly................better to stop it early than let it go and stew over it.

I have a personal problem with people and try to limit social contact, I try and analyse things and thought about this, if it was a friend living next door it wouldn't worry you, so I wonder if the idea would be to make friends, he probably has his own issues with you, I don't know.

Anyway waffling a bit, just wanted to say, although not a big thing to others, it is to you, so is important you do something if it's bothering you.

What harm is caused by them parking on your drive? How long are they there for?

In my personal opinion, calling the courier company and telling them not to park on your land is petty. Taking photos of a courier as "proof" he was parked on your land is also very petty.

It sounds like you are trying to cause trouble with innocent third parties like the police officer, the courier company and the taxi who have absolutely nothing to do with the dispute. It is not their fault that you are having problems with the neighbour. I know it must be tempting to try and "get one over" on your neighbour, but being petty and malicious will not help you resolve the dispute. It will only make the dispute worse, it will make you look bad if any part of this reaches court and you will drive yourself mad with rage in the process.

I do not understand what this complaint to the police will possibly achieve, other than making you even more angry and wasting even more of your time.

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Agreed.

When anyone makes a complaint, they should have in mind, what they want to achieve ie: money back, up grade, another holiday or new goods etc

All you will get from the Police is an apology if you're lucky and even then, it's not worth the paper it's written on.

So I am trying to get one over by wishing to have access to my property at all times. The only option to deal with people trespassing on my property is to deal with them direct. Which turned out to be right because one of the couriers supplied me with a note signed by my neighbour stating that he had parking rights on my property. Which he doesn't.

How does protect my property rights make me look bad.

As I have said before if you want to let anybody park on and interfer with your property rights go ahead and do so.

It rather sounds as though you have interfered with somebody elses rights and come off the worst, otherwise what is with all the name calling.

Smokejumper

The police are paid out of public funds to a job and they should do it in a professional manner, if you thing that I expect to get an apology off of the police and I will leave it there you are wrong.

My next step is to apply for an injunction to keep my neighbour off of my property and obey his covenants.

I have put up with this mans nonsense for nearly seven years, but no more.

Ok I'm on your side, I thought you just wanted an apology, sorry.

Smokejumper

The police are paid out of public funds to a job and they should do it in a professional manner, if you thing that I expect to get an apology off of the police and I will leave it there you are wrong.

My next step is to apply for an injunction to keep my neighbour off of my property and obey his covenants.

I have put up with this mans nonsense for nearly seven years, but no more.

Ganeymede

The police issued an harassment notice on behalf of my neighbour to stop me photographing vehicles that were parked and trespassing on my property, for contacting the companies concerned asking that they did not trespass on my property again and some other such nonsense.

I have not broken any laws or exceeded any rights or infringed on my neighbours rights.

At some stage you will realise that it is not worth it and will just let this go. If this has been going on for years, it will be so ingrained that you will be thinking about this all the time, taking over your life. Do you really want this becoming a major part of your life ? If that happens, the selfish neighbour has won. They may eventuallly sell their house and they will move on.

If I were you, I would ignore the neighbour and hope that they sell their house soon. Perhaps you should also think about moving, if the situation of having this shared driveway is such a pain in the *ss.

I think you have a genuine complaint about the Police, as to issue the harrassment warning without looking into this, sounds to be wrong. If they apologise in writing and withdraw any harrassment warning, then that should be sufficient.

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

UncleBulgaria I appreciate what you are saying but there comes a time when you must stand up to bullies, his actions wil have already affected my selling price, so I must take legal action.

As for selling his property he has withdrawn it from the market, obviously because he has had to declare any disputes, this has also brought to the attention of prospective buyers that he has no land to park on.

I do ignore the neighbour the only time he comes to mind is when he is interfering in my property.

So I am trying to get one over by wishing to have access to my property at all times.

Yes. Unless you need to leave your driveway every 10seconds, a parcel delivery does not impede your access. That issue has nothing really to do with access. You may have genuine grounds to be upset with your neighbour, but trying to cause as much grief as possible is not going to help.

How does protect my property rights make me look bad.

If you want to take this to court you need to look like you are being reasonable. You will need to convince the court that there is a real and substantial reason to grant the injunction. If the court thinks you are acting in a petty and malicious manner your case will get shot down. Courier companies and taxis entering your property is not a substantial interference with your property rights, and this is the kind of thing you will get cross-examined on if you do end up in court.

Furthermore, the court will not grant any sort of injunction against third parties - the third parties are not liable for your dispute with the neighbour.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Ganeymede

The police issued an harassment notice on behalf of my neighbour to stop me photographing vehicles that were parked and trespassing on my property, for contacting the companies concerned asking that they did not trespass on my property again and some other such nonsense.

I have not broken any laws or exceeded any rights or infringed on my neighbours rights.

But that is standard procedure with a complaint by the looks of it.

I think you have a genuine complaint about the Police, as to issue the harrassment warning without looking into this, sounds to be wrong. If they apologise in writing and withdraw any harrassment warning, then that should be sufficient.

See post #9.

Assuming all forces follow the same procedure there is no complaint against the Police.

Steampowered, It doesn't matter how many times I want to leave my property I should be free to do so whenever I want.

I did not buy my property to provide parking facilities for my neighbours business.

The courier vans would not be on my property if neighbour was not breaching his covenants.

I am not after a third party injunction.

Ganymede According to the link on the previous page to Sussex Police information re harassment this is not the way all police forces work.

You have to be doing something wrong to warrent the notice.

Interesting

Intrusion and harassment by neighbours and others

In many respects the laws that protect you from the harassment of neighbours and others in respect of property you own or occupy is based on the principle that every person’s home is their castle. The right to keep others out of your property is one of the defining characteristics of property ownership or occupation. Those who are fortunate enough to own or rent their home are entitled to injunctions to prevent intrusion and damages to compensate for trespass.

I think it needs to be considered another way.

The neighbour only has a right to go on and cross your property.

If we forget that for a minute and say that the drive is yours, not your neighbours ( which appears to be the case) then parcel deliveries should not park on your drive, simple.

Will your neighbour share the cost when repairs are necessary from constant traffic, I bet not.

Now to be fair to the parcel man, does it look like it might also be your neighbours property. Parcel men park anywhere, usually blocking the road and you have to wait until they are ready. Then again we all use them.

No it doesn't look like my neighbours property, there is two garages and another house between mine and nfh property.

I am not blaming the parcel men it is only recently that I found out the neighbour was telling couriers that he had parking rights on my property.