Harassment warning

l1awrie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Something to lighten your mood, a little bit of humour for you as this reminded me of a joke.( not saying your situation is in anyway a joke).

A man hears a noise in his garden and looks outside to see two burglars breaking into his shed.

The man rings the police and tells them if they come round now, they will catch the burglars in the act, the police say they are too busy at the moment , short staffed and will send someone round when they can.

The burglars remain and are emptying his shed into a van, this is going on for a few hours and the man has rang the police three times and gets the same story.

The man then rings the police again and tells them that they don't need to hurry any more as the man has shot the burglars.

Within 2 mins 6 police cars, a van full of police officers and a helicopter arrive.

The burglars are still emptying the shed and a senior police officer say's to the man " I thought you said you had shot them" and in return the man say's " I thought you said you were short staffed and couldn't send any one round"

Boom, Boom ;-)

Very funny Mr Smoke,

Good stuff to help L1awrie through this suffocating mess, medicine of laughter is indeed the best solution and in most cases the best and only cure.

Godzilla

Kind regards

The Mould

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steampowered it is the courier vans parking on my property that are blocking my access.

If he wasn't running a business from his property, breaching his covenants, there wouldn't be any courier vans.

There might be- he could just order a lot more from Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...
Great sight - looked out of the window this morning and there is a removal van outside neighbours house being loaded - I'm so happy

1lawrie, can you be so kind so as to inform us all of this matter? What is the situation now?

Kind regards

The Mould

Apoligies The Mould missed your message. Appointment is tomorrow with solicitor.

New neighbours seem to be as bad as the previous lot. But have learnt my lesson will not go after them will go after neighbour at no 3 whose property I have a row of way over. He is the person who told previous neighbours they could park on the right of way in front of his property, my row, and seems to have told the new neighbours the same.

Will let you know what happens when I get back tomorrow

You would think that people would read the documents related to their house purchase.

It is obvious that they do not own enough land to park on.

Last night both of their cars and motorbikes were parked on the right of way. I think he does motorbike racing. their double garage looks like it is a workshop.

The neighbour who owns this land is struggling to get in and out of his property but he won't say anything.

We'll see what the solicitor has to say today.

Some people are also just ignorant, what they see as acceptable is not the same as other people think.

Parking across someones drive, while they pop in the newsagents, blocking the road while they talk to a friend coming the other way etc, etc.

Sorry I think I would have to say something, before they get too comfortable.

You could also get one of those clamping companies involved ;-)

Failing that, do it the old fashioned way, the only way they understand, probably not condoned on here though ;-)

Neighbour at no.3 is stirring things up again, saw him speaking to new neighbour last night for about an hour, this morning new neigbour stops in front of cctv and says something.

E mailed neighbour at no 3 and said that if I found out new neighbours actions were anything to do with him I would also bring an action for harassment.

Some people have nothing better to do than cause trouble.

This is taking over your life. Is it worth it ?

It is not going away. The problem is the house having a shared driveway, which proves to be a pain in the *ss. I don't think you will ever solve the problem, unless you win the lottery and buy up all of the neighbouring houses.

The longer this goes on with complaints and legal issues raised, the more difficult it will be to ever sell the house. So you will be stuck there forever dealing with this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It will also cost a fortune if you lose the application. Injunctions are not small claims, so you must expect to be ordered to pay the other side's legal fees if you lose the case.

I have to say that threatening multiple neighbours with harassment applications and injunctions is a very good way to turn the whole street against you. If there is a genuine problem then, in your position, I would knock on the new neighbour's door and try to talk to him about it. Up to you how you deal with it, just consider how you are coming across to other people and whether you are moving towards a solution or just moving towards more problems.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks for your responses.

unclebulgria67 This won't go away until I deal with it. The driveway is not shared I have clear title to the land, the neighbours have a right of way over it.

I want to sell up and move but the problems have to be dealt with first.

steampowered I appreciate what you are saying but this problem is not of my making. It would appear that because I have a long drive and the neighbours have no room apart from their parking spaces in front of their garages,

they seem to think they should be entitled to park on my property.

I have lived in quite a few places around the country but have never come across neighbours like this.

I don't see that the a Judge would be able to overturn the covenants.

I would add the couple who lived next door but one ten years ago used to ask me, when he had visitors, if it would be alright to park on my drive making sure they didn't obstruct it.

I never once said no. The difference is these new neighbours think, despite their covenants, that they not only have a right to park on my property but they can block me in as well.

Once again thanks for your responses

Just realised this afternoon that I have legal cover with my house insurance, contacted insurers and they have asked me to write to the new neighbour asking him if he has a problem with me to let me know by letter what the problem is.

I am to send his response, if any, to insurers with details of his parking on my property/ right of way.

As you new neighbours have just moved in wouldn't it be sensible to be nice and explain rather than go straight to a solicitor?

You're going to be living next to them so why sour the relationship straight away?

I am not sure we are looking at a rational situation. If you have read the thread, about CCTV cameras, arguments about them and the OP threatening delivery companies who park temporarily on the driveway.

This has been going on for years and the OP sees the neighbours as his enemies. The OP thinks he can solve the situation, by getting the rights of way clarified legally, so neighbours know the limitations of the use of his driveway. I am not sure how easy this would be and how long it would take or if it is possible. The neighbours might well refuse any change.

I think I would keep quiet, ask neighbours nicely not to block the driveway if it happens again and then look to move. It would be better to gain the neighbours understanding/cooperation, so that when you complete the information to buyers, you can state that the problems regarding the driveway have been resolved amicably.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for your responses. Firstly I am a woman and the people causing the problems are men who apparently think they can pressure me into letting them do what they want.

New neighbour was having an hour long conversation with the other neighbour the night before the glaring at the cctv started, bet the old neighbour didn't tell the new neigbour that his bitterness stems from his attempts to park on my property, who when told to move stated I would be hearing from his solicitor, I didn't, but he never parked on my property again.

The new neighbour would have had the covenants explained to him by his solicitor approx. six weeks ago and his signature for the purchase is an acknowledgement of this, yet moves in and ignores them.

The covenants regarding parking are clear and understandable and these properties are approx. 12 years old so its not as if the covenants were written in the long and distance past.

I don't interfere with the neighbours rights and expect the same back.

It's strange that I don't get this behaviour from the wives.

My insurers have told me to write to the neighbour asking what his problem is and to remind him of the covenants, which is what I will do.