A fact about tax

robjlee64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad2:

It is clearly stated on my p60 that i receive every year that i pay no tax at all on my benefits

the dwp states that as my benefits are below £16,000.00 a year that i am not liable to pay any tax at all

however the p60 shows a sum of some nearly £5,000.00 and one of £9,000.00

i recently contacted inland revenue who advised me to contact the dwp but i could not get any reasonable sense from either

when margaret thatcher came to power and inflation rates soared to 23%

she stated then that benefits would in future be taxable income

so as we were only given an increment of 4% this would then mean that since she stated this that i am in fact paying 19% tax on my benefits

she even stated at the time that the queen would also have to pay tax

Can any one else advise or inform otherwise:???:

robjlee64

:-xDear hunny bee thanks for the reply but i am not sure whether it would be advisable to upload the details at this site because i am not sure whether this is a secure site as i have seen others requesting payment for advice and as this is a legal tax form their maybe further complications:???:

Yours robjlee64

ps love your icon

:| A further note i am at present on 2 types of benefit eesa which was incapacity benefit before and dla consisting of middle rate care and low rate mobility on is paid fortnightly while the other is paid monthly if you found out how i had become disabled in 2 forms i think you maybe shocked to what happened to me when i was forced to stay in an nhs hospital against my own free will and even though i was entitled to claim from the 1990s i did not get dla until 2000 and had to get mr c blancs of cab in order to get it the dwwp state that i am severely disabled but they are not paying me that rate they have recently sent a new claim form which can take upto 3months they are also sending out a questionairre which states that if you do not fill it in your benefits will be stopped and has words even i dont understand

yours robjlee64

You're not paying tax on your benefits, they're counted as taxable income, should you receive income or earnings which are liable for tax, your tax free allowance will be reduced by whatever you've already received.

Eg: you're tax code is 890, you're allowed to earn £8900 tax free pay. Your receive £4000 in benefits, so you have £4900 remaining in tax free allowances

scotgal 

:-xDear hunny bee thanks for the reply but i am not sure whether it would be advisable to upload the details at this site because i am not sure whether this is a secure site as i have seen others requesting payment for advice and as this is a legal tax form their maybe further complications:???:

Yours robjlee64

ps love your icon

CAG does NOT charge a single penny for any advice here. If you are being offered advice, but for a fee on here, PLEASE report it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

:-oThanks this clears up quite a lot but still doesnt explain why the iron lady should state what she did or else we would have got 23% increment and not 4% so what happened to the 19% was this just a myth :???:

robjlee64

:!: It is quite simple if i do not have to pay tax at all then when inflation rate increased to 23% i should have had my benefits increased by 23% but i only got a 4% increase so what happened to the other 19%:???:

robjlee64

I think you're getting a bit mixed up, benefits do rise with the rate of inflation which is about 2.2%. However benefits are being capped at 1% this year. I don't know where the 23% came from, its really not quite simple :)

scotgal 

Yours robjlee64

ps love your icon

Hello again.

I'm not asking you to upload anything, but if you don't tell us what it states on this letter you've had, we can only guess at what's happening.

Can you tell us what the explanations/headings next to the £5k and £9k figures are please?

Keep everything anonymous and you won't have problems. I think HMRC have better things to do than wander around forums trying to work out who's who. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum