Natwest arrears repossesion letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all ,

I need a bit of advice , After falling into arrears on our mortgage with Natwest we were threatend with repossesion , it duly went to court where I was able to come to an agreement with them.

They placed us with their Debt Management group whom I had been paying regularly each month till I fell ill .

Eventually I was able to get back to work and via a few phone calls to them came to an agreement in Feb2011 to pay them £3000 and have the remainder spread over the remaining mortgage , this entailed uping our payments from 520.24 to 534,36 as well.

I have now received a letter from them asking for just over £2000 or enforcement proceedings will take place , I rang them up and they said I hadnt repayed enough back to them since feb2011 to bring me back to my original payments of 520.24 , I explained that there was an agreement made with them from feb 2011 which they checked and agreed but said the bank would still go ahead if I didnt repay this £2000+ to get me back to my original payment with them.

Can they do this as I really dont know what to do and now we are living in fear of repossesion when we thought everything was ok.

Please help

Jerry

Hi all ,

I need a bit of advice , After falling into arrears on our mortgage with Natwest we were threatend with repossesion , it duly went to court where I was able to come to an agreement with them.

They placed us with their Debt Management group whom I had been paying regularly each month till I fell ill .

Eventually I was able to get back to work and via a few phone calls to them came to an agreement in Feb2011 to pay them £3000 and have the remainder spread over the remaining mortgage , this entailed uping our payments from 520.24 to 534,36 as well.

I have now received a letter from them asking for just over £2000 or enforcement proceedings will take place , I rang them up and they said I hadnt repayed enough back to them since feb2011 to bring me back to my original payments of 520.24 , I explained that there was an agreement made with them from feb 2011 which they checked and agreed but said the bank would still go ahead if I didnt repay this £2000+ to get me back to my original payment with them.

Can they do this as I really dont know what to do and now we are living in fear of repossesion when we thought everything was ok.

Please help

Jerry

Hi

I think I understand what you are saying.

Your lender may be saying that the original court order has been broken but not quite reading into the big picture and post possession hearing events.

Do the amounts you have paid since the possession hearing and agreed to pay work out the same as what was agreed at court?

Will the payments of £534.36 clear the arrears within the remaining terms of the mortgage?

Have you an accurate breakdown and record of the arrears, payments, agreements, dates and who you have spoke to etc?

What I am basically asking is do the sums add up since the court order or will there be a shortfall, even a small amount?

Edited by Wintry

Did you get the agreement to pay £3000 and spread arrears over remaining term in writing from them ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.