Being made homeless due to Job Centre

Casper's Ghost
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wondering. I don't have much clothes. Only 1 t shirt, 2 trouser, 3 jumpers and thats it.Not including my shoes. Can they give me a crisis loan?

We went up town today, I went to pick up my prescription for my chest infection. While my dad went to whoever he was dealing with to help my court order. He came back and said the guy he was suppose to see had an emergency meeting with someone, so couldn't get seen. The thing is my dad hasn't told me who it's with and what day/time this appointment is. I am going to change my address over the phone.

Last year I asked the Job Centre over the phone if I can have a letter stating in writing how much money I get. I never received this letter. Now in order for my mum to not pay for me she has to get proof that I am sanctioned. I don't know if they'll do the same as before. And not send the letter. I can't go up town and do this because of my chest infection.

Hang on, in one sentence you said you went up town yesterday, and then at the end you say you cant go up town - I am sorry but this is crazy.

You have now gone past the date when you should have filed a defence against your ex landlord, and you will now no doubt get judgement by default.

I give in.

Casper, this is one last plea from me to go to the Purfleet Trust. I think we're well beyond the stage where anyone can effectively help you here, because you simply aren't doing the things that you need to do. It is absolutely critical that you go and speak to them - you're at the point where if you continue to do nothing to help yourself, you will also be having an impact on your Mum's life. It's no good worrying about whether the Job Centre will send a letter saying that you're sanctioned, because at this point you haven't even asked them to do it!

Nobody here can physically DO anything for you. If you are seriously struggling to do things like request a letter from the Job Centre on your own steam, then you absolutely HAVE to get additional support from either your Doctor and Social Services, or by going to an organisation like the Purfleet Trust who are able to help you fill in forms and talk to places like the Job Centre on your behalf.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

I stopped believing this is real ages ago,no money yet internet access (probably on a top of spec i phone).however..There has been some amazingly good advice given on this thread that hopefully will help others in a genuine predicament,,and the people who have given that advice should be commended for sticking with the thread.

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

I have voiced my concerns to the site team and asked if they can help - I get the strong feeling we are being well and truly wound up - possibly by a disgruntled ex-Cagger - but I could be way off beam here.

The last post confirmed it for me, they have now gone past the date they should have acknowledged the impending CCJ, which should have taken priority over everything. They are now well and truly up the creek and have lost not only their rudder but also their paddle. Hopefully somewhere along the line a strong undercurrent will sweep them along to the next stage of their life.

As an aside - as far as I am aware, if you are sanctioned you CANNOT get a Crisis Loan - flumps may be able to confirm this.

When you realise this thread has been going on since October it should have been finished long ago.

I also think the title should be changed to 'Being made homeless' as clearly it is not the Jobcentre who is at fault here.

As I've just said to someone else, I've thought the whole thing is a wind up for months. However, I'm more than happy to look like a fool for continuing to post on the basis that if it's NOT a wind up, Casper desperately needs help and support.

Silly Girl, you're correct - you CANNOT get a Crisis loan while sanctioned. Flumps has already confirmed that on this thread somewhere.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

I agree with laughing girl. We really should treat this as not a wind up just in case.

If i were a disgruntled ex cagger i would be winding up the people who upset me not just ordinary caggers

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I went up town in my dad's car to pick up my prescription of penicillin and inhalers. Which was my priority!

I did go up town, but couldn't today because I would be walking everywhere. All I had to do is get out of the car and 1 minute walk to the surgery to pick up my prescription and then we went home and got the medicine. I have told you lot before I am living with my mum, and she has internet. No I haven't gone over my time to reply.I only got the letter last friday!

So I have enough time to reply which my dad has tried. And will get an appointment. But something has happened in the family, but hope he can still go to these appointments. I'm not well, my cough has changed into retching now. And t's hurting my throat.

I'm not in the mood to argue. This thread is real. And I never even heard of this site before October of last year. People come on here to get help, not to be judged!

If you want to help me then help me. I wasn't well enough to call job centre today. I was coughing, retching. I'll try again.

Casper you said you were going in to change your address on the 18th December, more than two months ago. I don't want you to feel like you're being judged but 9 weeks to change an address? Come on, you have to admit that despite being given advice, that for some reason, you chose not to follow, advice that would helped you and alleviated your situation, you're still asking questions about issues already answered and others which bear no relevance to your original problem. I ask you again, can you see why others, including myself are frustrated by you?

Just answer me, show me you have understood

scotgal 

No you won't get a crisis loan and each time you attend the JCP to sign on you are legally obligated to declare a true declaration of your circumstances if you have failed to change your address then you have signed the ES24JP incorrectly.

Clothing will only be considered ubder a community care grant or a budgeting loan.

I'm sorry and hope I don' sound too harsh but I have had a very nasty virus which rsulted in me not having any voice BUT I still went to work and therefore have very little sympathy for you having a virus/chest infection being able t get your dads prescription but yet again unable to do something to help yourself.

I suppose the reason I dragged mysef into work is that if I stayed at home I would feel sorry for myself and by going to work I could keep my mind occupied so hopefully my ody fought the virus more effectively than slobbing on the sofa. Also as I have children I wouldn't get much of a rest at home anyway!!!!!!

I did change my address. I think. But I'll try and change it. These automated machines they use are annoying I have to give them my DOB, National Insurance Number. Plus pin and memorable day. And then I have to wait 20 minutes on the line .But I tried that the other day and it didn't work. So trying again, and have to ask for a letter.

Casper, I spent a bit of time last night going through this thread from the first page to where we are now. We're going on for a shade under 6 months of trying to help you, and as far as I can see absolutely nothing about your situation has changed except you've lost your flat and are very likely going to get a County Court Judgement against you!

I'm truly sorry if I sound harsh, but this is really not the right place for you to get advice - and I promise that's not a judgement on you, it's stating a fact based on the reality that your situation is getting worse instead of better. Nobody here can help you with filling in forms or actually speak to the JCP/Housing Team on your behalf, and because your situation is so complex that's what you really need now.

I'm putting the link for the Purfleet Trust below - all of their contact details are on their website. Their entire purpose is to help homeless people find a new tenancy and then stay in it - they have caseworkers who will be able to help you with any paperwork that you need to complete relating to benefits. They even run training courses so you can get additional qualifications and experience to help you find work.

Contacting them has to be your absolute, top priority Casper - they have far more options available to find you accommodation before you get a CCJ. Please phone them today, and don't take 'No' for an answer...it's crucial that you speak to them about your situation.

Good luck, I really do hope things get better for you soon.

http://www.purfleettrust.org.uk

• Haha 2

Casper you need to check. You posted on here that you got the claim on 9th and as you have i believe 14 days to acknowledge that gives you. 3 days?

Did you see your Dr when you got your prescription, i think you really need to talk to him and try to get a referral to adult social services.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks